Lt. Commander
No, no such announcement has been made yet. I've kind of gotten the feeling that they've been hinting at it though.

*Edit- I stand corrected.....they HAVE made that announcement. At any rate, it doesn't change my feelings in the rest of this post.

This thread isn't to gripe though. I have this vision in my head of Devs, locked away in a room somewhere, working more feverishly than Santa's Elves to try to get the Foundry completely up.

I feel that I speak for most of the other users, who have ventured into the Foundry thus far, when I say....

Even with it's current flaws and oversights, Foundry represents a HUGE step forward in gameplay for STO. As disappointed as I will be if it doesn't make Season Three, please don't let us rush you into releasing something that's not ready for the general public. I already appreciate the tremendous work that the STO team has put into this and look forward to the Foundry shining as all of the kinks are worked out......however slow OR rapidly.

Thank You STO team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganWilliams
No, no such announcement has been made yet.
Actually, it has;

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...12&postcount=7

But as you stated, I would rather they get Foundry right and launch Season 3 on schedule than release it buggy or delay S3s release.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Given the current condition of the version we have, I also find myself wondering if it'll be ready in time, but it's also extremely likely that even when this version (v0.3) was released on Tribble, they already had a later version of their own they were still working on. I guess we'll see what happens on Thursday. I'd love for the full version to be out, but if it's not ready, then it's not ready.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
Actually, it has;

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...12&postcount=7

But as you stated, I would rather they get Foundry right and launch Season 3 on schedule than release it buggy or delay S3s release.
Well, there ya go then. Wonder if the Holodeck edition will wipe our missions when it goes from Beta to Live.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
. As disappointed as I will be if it doesn't make Season Three, please don't let us rush you into releasing something that's not ready for the general public. .
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the whip cracks. Back to work, Cryptic! *crack*
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm certain that the missions we all create in beta will not transition to the live Foundry. It worked that way with the closed beta. All the missions people created there stayed there. If you wanted to recreate a mission you had to do it from scratch.

I'm actually perfectly happy to wait until the Foundry is in better shape, however long that takes, before it goes live. Partly that's because I want it to be as good as possible. But I also think there's the matter of the players--you want a group of people who really know how to use it well, who can create worthwhile missions, who've got creative tricks to play with, etc. That is, I think there's an issue here of acclimating and training the community as well as perfecting the technology.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2010, 06:25 AM
It was tolded that mission will not move to holodeck and will need to be created again .
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I'm certain that the missions we all create in beta will not transition to the live Foundry. It worked that way with the closed beta. All the missions people created there stayed there. If you wanted to recreate a mission you had to do it from scratch.

I'm actually perfectly happy to wait until the Foundry is in better shape, however long that takes, before it goes live. Partly that's because I want it to be as good as possible. But I also think there's the matter of the players--you want a group of people who really know how to use it well, who can create worthwhile missions, who've got creative tricks to play with, etc. That is, I think there's an issue here of acclimating and training the community as well as perfecting the technology.
Practice. That's how I'm looking at it. Once it goes live, I should be able to recreate my lost missions within minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
No, no such announcement has been made yet. I've kind of gotten the feeling that they've been hinting at it though.

This thread isn't to gripe though. I have this vision in my head of Devs, locked away in a room somewhere, working more feverishly than Santa's Elves to try to get the Foundry completely up.

I feel that I speak for most of the other users, who have ventured into the Foundry thus far, when I say....

Even with it's current flaws and oversights, Foundry represents a HUGE step forward in gameplay for STO. As disappointed as I will be if it doesn't make Season Three, please don't let us rush you into releasing something that's not ready for the general public. I already appreciate the tremendous work that the STO team has put into this and look forward to the Foundry shining as all of the kinks are worked out......however slow OR rapidly.

Thank You STO team.
The season isn't one release on one day. The season thing is meant to be things released over a window, so it WILL make season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 08:38 AM
They've been saying pretty much all along that Season 3 with launch with the Foundry...on Tribble.