Lt. Commander
I understand how to get into the map, since there are several doors placed around ESD to get in, but once inside my map, I need something the engine recognises as a door for the player to get out again (and spawn at the door which they entered through for continuity).

I'm totally stuck. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time haha)
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 10:07 AM
You need to place a marker on your ground map, create a second ground map, and then create an objective on the 2nd map. Once you do that, it will automatically create a transfer box in your story section, and then select the marker you placed on your first ground map as the door to your second.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I'll explain the mission so you know where I'm coming from.

You go to ESD lower level, interact with a door and then appear in the room i made. Once the objective in that room is complete you have another objective to speak with an NPC on ESD upper deck. But there's no way to leave the room i made and reappear on ESD lower level. Not that I can find, anyway

I need to be able to place a marker on the ESD map, which it won't let me do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I believe you can also transition between maps by selecting a contact on the new map. So you're in the room and you've completed that part of the mission--next drag a Talk to Contact box over and select a contact in ESD. The box for transitioning between maps should appear.

You can check out an entry on this topic at the Starbase UGC blog: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/unc...p-transitions/
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-05-2010, 10:30 AM
As soon as you put an objective in the story tab from the place you want to go, a map transition box appears. This can be all kinds of thing, from scanning a console to fighting an enemy. It doesn't have to be a contact, just any new task that occurs at the locale you want to transition to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2010, 10:31 AM
That's what I did, and I got the "Leaving Map/Entering Map" box in the flowchart, but I'm not seeing any option that will allow me to interact with the door inside my custom room, and reappear outside the door in ESD. I can interact with the door, but it doesn't teleport me back to where I came from.