Lt. Commander
# 11
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm not so sure keeping it in closed beta would be such a good idea, I mean, as it stands there are some core features in the current build of Foundry, and stress testing is better then only a few people testing it.

As well, it lets us future foundry users get a taste and familiarity with the Foundry system, so that eventually when it goes live, the learning curve won't be there.

I'm sure by the time Foundry hits live, alot of these identified shortfalls will be implemented. Even with the simplest tools, you can see the creative work arounds players are implementing to see their vision for stories. As we get closer to having more tools on par as to what the actual mission designers have, it will be very impressive what Foundry will provide the overall playerbase as far as content.

I truly believe this is the horse that Cryptic should bet on, ensuring not to drop its developement after season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
The only 2 current ways to do it are:

1. as the developer suggests, have a map transfer
force field up, you hit the console...it transfers you to a different copy of the map without a force field.

2. you lie
you trigger a BO pop up and have them say
Sir, I am detecting a force field ahead around the corner but I think we can shut it down from this console.
even if they ignore it, they will not be able to do anything else until they hit the console.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
The only 2 current ways to do it are:

1. as the developer suggests, have a map transfer
force field up, you hit the console...it transfers you to a different copy of the map without a force field.

2. you lie
you trigger a BO pop up and have them say
Sir, I am detecting a force field ahead around the corner but I think we can shut it down from this console.
even if they ignore it, they will not be able to do anything else until they hit the console.
3rd option, leave the forcefield up and work some dialogue in concerning a site to site backdoor transfer security glitch.........after you've done some fancy reconfiguring on a console, trigger the map transfer to beam you across to the other side.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
3rd option, leave the forcefield up and work some dialogue in concerning a site to site backdoor transfer security glitch.........after you've done some fancy reconfiguring on a console, trigger the map transfer to beam you across to the other side.
that too

although option 2...the lie ...has one advantage.
when they do add the ability to take down a force field...it would be the easiest
to change over
just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Too bad you can't have an enemy with a 'forcefield costume'...then at least you could blast it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Too bad you can't have an enemy with a 'forcefield costume'...then at least you could blast it.
now that is foundry writer thinking...1 gold star

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Im pretty sure we'll see destroyable objects (doors, forcefields, cargo containers) etc included soon enough -

It is a pretty obvious missing piece along with the Console A affects Object B logic that Stormy mentioned.