Lt. Commander
# 1 Still flickering
12-05-2010, 01:53 PM
well, i still can't play due to flickering. i really am thinking of unsubscribing and returning or sell my game. this is getting annoying...i posted a dxdiag as an attachment to show what i have in my system....if anyone has any real solution, please help
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
You can't return or sell an MMO as the Retail Key can only be used once. You can only cancel.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
then i basically wasted money buying it... yay!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Since it's an ATI card I'd suggest turning off the Dynamic Lighting and see if that fixes your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Have you recently updated your Graphic Card drivers?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 03:53 PM
i have turned off the dyanmic lighting still didnt help....and everything is up to date....
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrotondi
well, i still can't play due to flickering. i really am thinking of unsubscribing and returning or sell my game. this is getting annoying...i posted a dxdiag as an attachment to show what i have in my system....if anyone has any real solution, please help
what resolution are you running STO in? and also is this happening on tribble or holodeck? if its tribble make sure to go from DirectX11 to DirectX10 in the troubleshooting part (i think) of the video options.

Also did you just update your driver and this happend? if so rollback to your previous driver.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
If you are using a large format display like I am (42" LCD HDTV), try enabling V-sync in your video options. This option will lock your screen refresh rate to the rate supported by your display and can help with screen tearing and flickering issues.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
@BettyBlue918: i would like to play 1600X900....i even tried every res, nothing works....i dont know what you mean by tribble or holodeck, im new to this game so i dont know what they are, but i have looked for a directX 11 option, but i dont see one...i tried it before updating the drivers and after, nothing helped

@devast8tor i play on a Hanns G 23in montior connected to the graphic card via HDMI cable truning the vsync on or off also doesn't work as well..

i have recorded my problem using fraps, is there a way i can post a video to show my accutal problem??
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
@BettyBlue918: i would like to play 1600X900....i even tried every res, nothing works....i dont know what you mean by tribble or holodeck, im new to this game so i dont know what they are, but i have looked for a directX 11 option, but i dont see one...i tried it before updating the drivers and after, nothing helped

@devast8tor i play on a Hanns G 23in montior connected to the graphic card via HDMI cable truning the vsync on or off also doesn't work as well..

i have recorded my problem using fraps, is there a way i can post a video to show my accutal problem??
upload your video to youtube or any other video hosting site then link in the address to the video here in the thread.