Lt. Commander
# 1 Your very own STO 'Nemesis'
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I've been playing some Champions Online recently to fill in time until Season 3 comes out. To get get a better understanding of the game, I read up on some of the game mechanics on the Wiki site, I discovered that the games allows you to create a 'Nemesis' at Level 25 (Read here)

Quote:
After creating your nemesis, his (or her) minions will start appearing sometimes when you fight other enemies. These minions will often drop items that start nemesis missions. Eventually you will capture your nemesis and send him to jail, allowing you to to create another nemesis.
I realy think something like this would work in Star Trek Online.

When I discovered it I thought about Kahn and Kirk straight away . What a great concept! Every Captain eventually p***s off someone enough to create his/her Nemesis. I don't like the idea of 'building/creating' a custom Nemesis, but perhaps it could be used to expand the Accolaide System and automatically generated for you?
  • Nemesis is triggered after reaching a certain Kill accolaide (ie Kill 1,000 Romulans = Romulan Nemesis)
  • Minions randomly attack you in Space and Ground combat over time (i.e. in an Explore or Patrol Mission). I can imagine a random unexpected beam ins here and there
  • Eventually you will encounter your Nemesis for the final confrontation.
  • The mechanics of the Nemesis system is allready in CO so it could be adapted with minimal R&D?

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Examples (Yes I know there are more :p);
  • Kirk vs Kahn
  • Picard vs Shinzon
  • Sisko vs Dukat
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!

This would be a GREAT idea, and one I would love to see implemented!

Thanks so much!

Take it and run,
Lt. Commander
# 4
This would be fun.

I'm all for fun!
Lt. Commander
# 5
I haven't played Champions Online (since beta), so I don't know how it works it practice; but it could be good, and it sounds really brilliant and innovative!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
sounds good. like it alot
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
This would be great!

I'd like the option to customize and make the Nemesis though

Maybe there could be an option to either have the computer randomaly generate one to surprise you - or you could choose to customize it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Star Trek's universe has a built in method of starting this already - Mirror universe counterparts, anyone? It'd be pretty cool if they had a similar set of Mirror Bridge officers as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klintobean View Post
This would be great!

I'd like the option to customize and make the Nemesis though

Maybe there could be an option to either have the computer randomaly generate one to surprise you - or you could choose to customize it.
Yeah OK, I agree it would be kind of cool to customise & create the Nemesis. My idea if Triggering it to the Race accociated with the Kill Accolade might complicate things thought. But anything is better than nothing at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
Star Trek's universe has a built in method of starting this already - Mirror universe counterparts, anyone? It'd be pretty cool if they had a similar set of Mirror Bridge officers as well.
If you could customise the nemesis, you could create the Mirror Universe counterpart as your Nemesis. Hmmm there needs to be some Explore Missions into the Mirror Univers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 05:36 PM
You got my vote Comic Book Guy.

Make it so!