Lt. Commander
# 11
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
That's one of the few things that are not very intuitive in Foundry. I eventually found out, but it took me a while.
You might want to add this to the Foundry tutorial you published a few days ago.
Additionally, it would be a great help to include the links to Darren_K and Kirkfat's tutorial's at the end of the official walkthrough.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Doors/area transitions seem to be one of the most 'arcane' and counterintuitive things in the Foundry so far. At least that's my current impression. I'd only just begun to comprehend how to get the system to generate one when the Foundry was taken back offline. Sure wish they'd make some interface changes to how one establishes a transition.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramak
I've put in a request for a more useful error message.

Whole Map is available because it can be used in maps beyond the first.
You don't have to select objects on ESD to warp from. You can use the dropdown menu on the top of the object picker and select, for instance, P'Jem in Sirius Sector Space.
i dont understand, how do you do that? i dont see anything like that
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasedo View Post
i dont understand, how do you do that? i dont see anything like that
In the first box that says "Leaving from Earth Spacedock" you click to change it to say "Leaving from Sirius Sector through P'Jem System" and it will make players have to go to P'Jem to start the mission instead of using a "door" on Spacedock.