Lt. Commander
# 21
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
when the update happens, i really hope we spwan inside the starbase when we return to our ships, fly through the doors at 1/4th impulse to go to warp
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I hope to heck they didn't waste time on a new old ESD. It would be a shame to screw up the imagery of STO any more than it already is because a few people have absolutely no imagination. I'm pretty damn sick of all of this retro crap.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
I hope to heck they didn't waste time on a new old ESD. It would be a shame to screw up the imagery of STO any more than it already is because a few people have absolutely no imagination. I'm pretty damn sick of all of this retro crap.
There's a nice chance that it's going to happen...if I can find the link I'll post...but man do I suck at finding old posts haha

From what I recall it was said to be between Season 3 and 4 (or within 4)

Oh and P.S.

*Don't shoot the messenger*

If it means anything I dislike all these retro updates... ( I like the stuff, but seriously some of these things don't belong in the 25th century...)
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Okay, there is some wiggle room for the developers regarding the last Star Trek movie: If one pays attention, there is a brief explanation about how Spock coming back through the wormhole altered his timeline and the 'new' one as well, so the current Star Trek universe may now play a little fast and loose with the history, for it is, technically, a different universe (but not quite as hostile as the Mirror, it would seem!). This is actually a great thing, though pure canon sometimes suffers because of it -- but that's what happens when one mucks with history, isn't it? :p
So while it opens up that, it also opens up abilities in designing and incorporating previous styles into new species' ships and cultures, and our own too (which includes ESD). It is no different than designing anything else; one takes inspiration from what s/he has seen, heard and experienced, so such is the normal evolution of things. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad, after all.
I personally see a lot of potential here. The entire universe as we all know it could all be based on deceits (as the Undine have already proven) or assumptions!
Let imagination free!
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
yes, give us a real spacedock... i heard from over 400+ members active and no longer active to my fleet and STO that earth spacedock was a huge let down. Please make it like Star Trek III.