Lt. Commander
If there is one single map in all the Star Trek universe which I'm sure is a must for the Foundry, and doesn't exist even ingame it is a Holodeck interior.

Just a simple medium siced squared room with it's grided walls. Probably the easyest model in all the game.

More so. If it is added to ship interiors and it is given the option to load and execute UGC missions from there, I'm sure lots more of people will choose to play UGC missions when The Foundry makes its jump to the main game, because it won't make players travel ingame halfway through the galaxy to the system the missions is supposed to take place.

The choice to play Foundry missions as "real life" of the character or as a Holodeck simulation would be the player's choice. The option to replay missions could also go there, for a more inmersive "repetition" instead of a DEja Vu thing, and allowing mission special equipment or habilities which dissapears when you leave the mission would even make sense.

Seriously. If there is a single ingame room for the ship interior, and a single place to start or to add to foundry missions, it is this simple black squared room with a blue grid on the walls.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Holodeck is a "must have"
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
I totaly agree with you, that we need a Holodeck map, or even better, as a room on our ship interiors from where we can start Foundry missions and Replays. But this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthalas View Post
and doesn't exist even ingame
...is wrong. In fact it already exists. At the end of the mission called "Suspect" (Cardassian front mission) you end up on a Holodeck. When you click on the link, scroll down to the end, and you see a picture of it. So its already there. My question is: Why is it not in the Foundry? But ok, its just the start of this new exciting tool, so i have patience with this. But i want it too in the future.

Oh, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthalas View Post
it is this simple black squared room with a blue grid on the walls.
Blue? You want even more blue!? NOOOOOO!!!! Please dont change the iconic TNG yellow look. But for more variation, Cryptic could create the Holodeck version from Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard83 View Post

Blue? You want even more blue!? NOOOOOO!!!! Please dont change the iconic TNG yellow look. But for more variation, Cryptic could create the Holodeck version from Voyager.
XDDDDD

True. Sorry, my bad.