Lt. Commander
# 1 Are Ventrilo Users Stuck Up
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Ventrilo users have some how got it into their heads that they are in some way better than other players because they use this system and as people are being denied access into teams for not having ventrilo i thought it was time this was brought up.

So i ask the STO population does vent make you a better player or does it just make you stuck up and pig headed !? Does having children ( and adults ) barking orders at you make the team your in feel superior than those without vent !?

We should all work together imho and not have a devided player base because of Ventrilo, do you agree !?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
everything is do-able without vent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Are you familiar with the concept of "projection"?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
What does "barking orders" have to do with anything? There are people who will type orders to you when teamed and there are people who will speak orders to you when teamed and with software. If you don't like being told what to do you won't like it in voice or text.

For myself, I find teaming to be more enjoyable with voice. We can talk and joke around in real time and request and get help much quicker then having to stop and type a message for help. That does't mean I want to use voice with PUG play, but with people you regularly play with I find it very beneficial.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I use both.When i'm in PVP I type the team instructions and only use Vent with my fellow fleet members.
they both work. Ventrillo users are not stuck up. Some are just so use to using it that they may prefer to only have people who are on vent in a team with them. Thats their choice. to me I have had teams with Ventrillo users and some not. the team still worked well. There are even some who ave no Mic but have vent and can hear what is being said and type to the team if they need to make a response.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
It is possible to do everything ok sto w/o vent, but I prefer using some kind of voice chat not just for organizational reasons but it brings member closer together. What do you think keeps all us fleeted LG1's entertained when waiting for feds to Que up for pvp? its a totally different experience between actually talking to your fleet members vs only typing. Everyone has their opinions but that's mine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Yes some TS or Vent users will act this way when it comes to building teams. Its an unfortunate occurance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't know, I think the OP has a valid point.I use both Team Speak & Vent, & it's made me so stuck up i can hardly stand myself. I find myself barking orders to my parrots & then calling them NOOBS who need to L2P a lot.
The Wife is NOT amused.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
The Wife is NOT amused.
Don't worry, once she's had enough of the "attitude" she'll put a stop to it.:p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Well, she'd better do it on vent, cuz i don't pay attention to zone chat