Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I can only speak for me but i will never ever use such a system ever again. Getting barked and orderd by a 14 year old is absolutly NOT what i understand of fun.
If a mission or STF requires me to use something like this, then i just don't do it.
Listening to some unknown people talking while playing a game is THE BIGGEST immersion breaker i can imagine.


I hope you could understand my bad English and thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Well, she'd better do it on vent, cuz i don't pay attention to zone chat
This made my day. Too funny
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
If you are running an STF, ventrilo makes everything easier. There is an awful lot of coordinating to be done if you want to move through one efficiently, and those that don't have it slow everything down. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone who runs STFs regularly will require you to have vent or teamspeak if you join their team.

For random PvP missions it isn't worth the time, and they can't require it of you anyway.

What is the big deal? It is free to download, and headsets/microphones are relatively inexpensive. They add an awful lot to the experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
What is the big deal?
Based on this thread I'd say the "big deal" is that some don't like to be told what to do, no matter what the reason or the source. Ultimately the same people complaining about being told what to do on vent are going to be complaining about being told what to do in chat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I don't know, I think the OP has a valid point.I use both Team Speak & Vent, & it's made me so stuck up i can hardly stand myself. I find myself barking orders to my parrots & then calling them NOOBS who need to L2P a lot.
The Wife is NOT amused.
For me it's the opposite.

I find myself barking orders at my nooblet wife, and the parrots are not amused.

Damn you Ventrilo! Why did you do this to me!!!!!

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
While I have vent I have never used it in PvP since I just PUG it. Just with friends doing PvE and then 90% of the time just to chat and BS.
To OP just put the A-holes on ignore. But most people using chat are not so anal and you can meet some good people too using it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
If you are running an STF, ventrilo makes everything easier. There is an awful lot of coordinating to be done if you want to move through one efficiently, and those that don't have it slow everything down. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone who runs STFs regularly will require you to have vent or teamspeak if you join their team.

For random PvP missions it isn't worth the time, and they can't require it of you anyway.

What is the big deal? It is free to download, and headsets/microphones are relatively inexpensive. They add an awful lot to the experience.
Exactly this. in a premade or stf, use vent, it's just easier. & It's free. it takes 2 minutes to download.
I never have, nor will i ever, use vent with random pugs. i have only used voice com's with fleetmates, I'm usually just BSing with my fleet on vent while i pug by myself anyway. If you have friends who want to set up a premade & they require vent, I say more power to them. They're taking it serious .Good Communication can turn a group of So-So players into an effective & cohesive group.
The whole is greater than the sum of all it's parts, as someone said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
What STO needs is integrated Voice Chat rather than having to rely on a third party software.

I could personally never even imagine doing any of the STF's without Ventrilo, it makes the world of a difference.
From attempting and failing to even get to the First ground boss in 4 hours, to completing all of Infected in just under an Hour and a Half on the first attempt using Ventrilo.

Call me stuck up, but i absolutely refuse to do STF's without everyone in my team on vent, but the only thing i ask is that people can listen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
While I have vent I have never used it in PvP since I just PUG it. Just with friends doing PvE and then 90% of the time just to chat and BS.
To OP just put the A-holes on ignore. But most people using chat are not so anal and you can meet some good people too using it.
This has been my experience as well.
I dont vent in pvp because my Fleet is mostly PvE.
We dont bark orders at each or we talk things through and share friendly jabs and conversation.

I don't bark orders at my bird because my cat ate it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
I don't bark orders at my bird because my cat ate it.
If we had a cat, the parrots would probably eat it.
Bark orders at your cat.
Feels good man.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 PM.