Lt. Commander
# 21
12-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Correct, and you proved just that.
teehee, i love it when people pwn themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-07-2010, 05:30 AM
I actually would like the ability to not control directly a memeber of my crew as a playable toon, but it would be nice to give them orders and see them obeyed.
Such as while I go to disable the forcefields I could give me Engineer and Security BOffs the order to go find and reroute power to fix the turbotlift.
It would be nice to actually command my BO's once in a while.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-07-2010, 05:58 AM
i don't know why you guys are playing this game, but im playing it because it has star trek in the title, and it takes place in the star trek universe. i don't care if you think this is an rpg, or a single player game you pay a subscription to play. whats important is that it is a star trek game and first and foremost it should be like trek, like dan said. currently everything being about your captain and what he is doing that very moment feels very stale, and borderline nonsense. your captain wouldn't beam down to a planet to scan plants, or into the middle of a war zone regardless of what the game time line said. parts of story missions focusing on what your crew is up to seems like something that not only would make missions much more interesting an dynamic, but be LIKE star trek! the show didn't have 1 person in command and a crew around him that only spoke when spoken too, they were all developed characters and the struggles of the whole cast is what the show was about!

currently, your crew serve no purpose. its just fluff. if there wasn't any bridge officers in the game it would make almost n difference. instead you would just assign powers to your ship, and away team powers to away teams. would you all prefer that? then its 100% about your captain! rpg fans rejoice.