Lt. Commander
# 1 The Circle of Deceit
12-06-2010, 03:43 PM
The Circle of Deceit Episode 1
The Circle of Deceit Episode 2

Are now on tribble!.

I would love your feedback on these and input so i can refine them for Holodeck release.

Episode 1 is longer than Episode 2 and has much more combat , the second episode is where more answers are found out , but i wont spoil anything!

You seek answers, yet the truth could shake the foundations of Starfleet itself!

Please give them a try, even if they turn out not to your likeing remember i have actually spent awhile on these so i hope you enjoy the missions!

Episode 3 is out very soon, maybe tomorrow!
The truth is unveiled, but nothing can stop what is to come. Time is running out as you seek the whereabouts of the one and only remaining survivor.

NOTE:
Part 1 was originally called the Movement, now retweaked and renamed.

======

Requests:

I am looking for a writer, what i need is someone to go play through my missions, note how they could write my dialogue better and more trekky , post those sections back to me so i can update.
So are you good at writing dialogue , if so let me know.

Commands:

I had written down somewhere and cant find the post but what are the commands in dialgue to get the npc to say your:
Rank
Name
Ship Name

Idles:

I thought this was bugged but i just played a foundry mission at npcs were doing walkabout and idles even the ships were roaming around.
Possibly if someone could post there actual settings they used to get them to do this id really be grateful, i can then tinker some more from there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Looking forward to trying it! That said, please post your missions here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667

As you can see from the OP, there are quite a few missions that have been made so far, and if everyone posted a new thread about theirs we wouldnt be able to have much conversation about the actual tool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Looking forward to trying it! That said, please post your missions here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191667

As you can see from the OP, there are quite a few missions that have been made so far, and if everyone posted a new thread about theirs we wouldnt be able to have much conversation about the actual tool.
Except while that's a great thread, the purpose of this forum is

Quote:
For all discussions related to The Foundry Beta for Star Trek Online, and a great place to post missions for others to see!
So it's good that people post their own thread because then they can get feedback DIRECTLY related to them and makes it easier for publishers to say subscribe to 1 thread and get feedback as necessary instead of digging around one giant thread for feedback just to them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Ill post there as well , i wanted my own thread as i mod alot lol , and STO is my next project. Once i start i dont stop , ive been known to work all night on one little silly thing till it feels right , ive made a 1000area NWN PW world all on my own , fallout3 mods , medal of honour , startrek armada amongst others and i enjoy it

Ive just found something weird with episode 2 , the map used has bad away team pathfinding, very bad , i need to grab its name and post it.

I am about to go back into foundry and update it so if your bos go wandering on episdoe2 dont blame me , yet lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Except while that's a great thread, the purpose of this forum is

So it's good that people post their own thread because then they can get feedback DIRECTLY related to them and makes it easier for publishers to say subscribe to 1 thread and get feedback as necessary instead of digging around one giant thread for feedback just to them.

You obviously missed the point, so I'll repeat it. There are currently 86 missions listed in the "big list" thread. If every one of those people decided to post a thread about their specific mission, then thats ALL we would see on this board. I understand the desire to try to make your mission stand out and get more attention than everyone else, but if everyone thought that way there wouldnt be room to discuss anything else about the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post

Ive just found something weird with episode 2 , the map used has bad away team pathfinding, very bad , i need to grab its name and post it.
pathfinding is bugged throughout all interior maps it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
It is yeah , one another map a BO will suddenly die and noone goes to revive her , very odd lol
Another map if you zoom mini map in close it reveals the map of a room LOL
OS weapons fire sideways on foundry missions.
Teaming is a no go.
Idles are useless at the moment.
Plenty more but hey we got something to use tilllater versions so im happy

@Askray
You left a comment about last part.
I think you missed the debris? did you use 'V'?
There is no marker on that map , its all popups and kill 'x'.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
@Episode 1: LOL at talking to a spider. Overall, a great episode and can't wait to play the others.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
@Episode 1: LOL at talking to a spider.
Hehe thought id throw that in lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You obviously missed the point, so I'll repeat it. There are currently 86 missions listed in the "big list" thread. If every one of those people decided to post a thread about their specific mission, then thats ALL we would see on this board. I understand the desire to try to make your mission stand out and get more attention than everyone else, but if everyone thought that way there wouldnt be room to discuss anything else about the Foundry.
Love how people assume I missed a point. I didn't miss your point at all, however MOST people will post their own threads thus part of the point of this forum, so telling people to post it in a thread flooded with other peoples is not going to help any in the long run. Like I said, getting feedback in your own thread is a LOT easier than getting feedback in a thread with 300+ replies.
------------

As to the mission, as I left in the review Fewzz, the marker to make hailing the ship was too small or I just didn't trigger it because it didn't set off for me so I couldn't continue

I'm going to try it again and maybe stay in a small tight circle but the ships moved far out so I had to go deal with them. Otherwise I liked the dialog, and I'm going to try part 2 later on regardless of if i can get past that little spot in part 1 :p