Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I really enjoyed the first episode, well planned, there's probably things you would have liked to have done too. But the ship map had way too much running back and forth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
however MOST people will post their own threads
Considering the fact that there are 87+ missions posted in the big list thread and only a couple of individual mission threads thus far, you are wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Love how people assume I missed a point. I didn't miss your point at all, however MOST people will post their own threads thus part of the point of this forum, so telling people to post it in a thread flooded with other peoples is not going to help any in the long run. Like I said, getting feedback in your own thread is a LOT easier than getting feedback in a thread with 300+ replies.
------------

As to the mission, as I left in the review Fewzz, the marker to make hailing the ship was too small or I just didn't trigger it because it didn't set off for me so I couldn't continue

I'm going to try it again and maybe stay in a small tight circle but the ships moved far out so I had to go deal with them. Otherwise I liked the dialog, and I'm going to try part 2 later on regardless of if i can get past that little spot in part 1 :p

Yeah the last battle has no markers , maybe it failed to trigger pop up , ive seen it happen few times in foundry missions.

Dialogue needs more tidying up , and a few spelling mistakes on part2 , tomorrow ill have v2 of part2 with a few new objectives thrown in
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
I really enjoyed the first episode, well planned, there's probably things you would have liked to have done too. But the ship map had way too much running back and forth.
Yes i allready moved them closer together , i may tweak it more so theres less running around.
Thankyou for feedback
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Played the second episode, my review says it all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
Played the second episode, my review says it all.
Thankyou for review

As regards to the station part in interior, the map used is awful with pathfinding , i think the worst ive seen.
I may totally remake that map useing a new tileset, along with this will be a new section , a secondary objective concerning a array to aid and help explain why the gorn 'movement' taur rex is hanging around there.
Oh and there will be a kdf version, not just a mirror version but a total new mission arc that sees all this from the kdf eyes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi

Could someone please try my missions again.

I have spent awhile revamping them , episode 2 sees a major change and the missions and storyline are now retweaked.

I hope you will like them but i do need some feedback.

Episode3 is on the way!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Considering the fact that there are 87+ missions posted in the big list thread and only a couple of individual mission threads thus far, you are wrong.
I think that when the Foundry goes to Holodeck, it would behoove the powers that be to create a specific forum for mission specific threads. A single post will ultimately get too unwieldy -- people will either only read the first or last page and the vast majority of pages won't be seen past the day they're the last in the thread.

That said, this isn't that specific forum, and the Nagus is correct -- while we're discussing the beta, mission threads will just bog things down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
I think that when the Foundry goes to Holodeck, it would behoove the powers that be to create a specific forum for mission specific threads.
Lets hope so. And even if they do, it will still be sad to see the self bumps of people trying to keep their mission threads at the top.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I wish that the developers allow threads to have replies be "collapsable."

For example, if you post your mission name in a thread, people could reply to that but those only wanting to view the larger thread itself could hide feedback on particular replies and focus on replies to the main thread.

I'm not sure if that's doable in the bulletin board package Cryptic uses.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.