Lt. Commander
My brother, HaloFuMaster. is having some issues with the Star Trek Online launcher, so I offered to make a forum post for him.

The main issues are, even though the game will patch, it does not show a patching progress bar like mine. Once it has finished patching, the "Engage" button still appears as "Cancel", though he can still access the Holodeck server with no problems. Also, he is unable to select and patch the Tribble Test Server. He can also not toggle between the "News" and "Release Notes" tabs.

His computer is perfectly capable of playing Star Trek Online. It is a brand new laptop that has no problems. What's weird, is that his desktop computer(also capable of playing it, and is exactly the same model as mine), has the exact same problem.

Here are some screenshots to show the problem, and comparing them to my launcher.

Halo's Launcher: Patching
My Launcher: Patching

Halo's Launcher: Ready
My Launcher: Ready

In case it matters, here are the specs for both his laptop and my desktop(provided by Xfire):

Halo's Laptop:

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Hard Drive: 301 GB
Video Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

My Desktop(identical to Halo's desktop):

Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Hard Drive: 238 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)

I hope this is enough information to diagnose a problem. If not, my brother(handle halofumaster) and I will do our best to provide more information. I will most likely be responding for him, though. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
I got the exact problem! And i have done a re-install and after that a force verify.
Strange!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_ricochet View Post
I got the exact problem! And i have done a re-install and after that a force verify.
Strange!
Boy, that's odd. Hopefully we can both get some answers then.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
The Launcher uses components of IE (specificly MSHTML) so settings in IE can cause problems in the launcher .
Like having autofill forms turn on can cause you not to be able to enter your user name or password
having the option to display images as not to dispaly will messup the launcher looks.

etc.
So I would look at the options IE have and comapare yours with your brother and see what may be different
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Well i checked and my IE has all options in mutimedia settings checked (show pictures and so on)
I also tried to turn off auto fill in forms. But the problem still persists. Can it be some new thing from an IE update?
I have always usd firefox as my default web reader and i was thinking that maybe something had happen in the programming of an updated IE.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
well I think it is likely something changed in IE . maybe withthe way show frames options is set or something. I don't know for sure as everything working for me. maybe when Sonaos compares his ie options with is brothers it might give a clue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Would 'Internet Options' set to high effect the launcher? I have it set on high so it might be blocking stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
The Launcher uses components of IE (specificly MSHTML) so settings in IE can cause problems in the launcher .
Like having autofill forms turn on can cause you not to be able to enter your user name or password
having the option to display images as not to dispaly will messup the launcher looks.

etc.
So I would look at the options IE have and comapare yours with your brother and see what may be different
Thank you for the information. We've yet to try this out, but we will as soon as we're able. I will post an update whether or not we're successful.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I set my internet privacy to "normal" i think and that solved the problem!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
You can also try clearing the browser cache/cookies. Doing so can occasionally resolve issues in the launcher.