Lt. Commander
# 181 Great tool
05-26-2011, 02:06 AM
This is already one of the best authoring tools that have ever been provided for the fans. There are a few ways to make it better and it actually looks like you have identified them already.

Custom interior maps
better options for placing items, i.e. 3d placement or 2d with item outlines
item collisions when placing, i.e. to prevent placing a beacon inside a planet
customizable alien character
customizable uniforms
lighting controls other than sky, there are workarounds now to make a mission very dark, but it is a pain in the butt.
more ship options, i.e. the ability to customize ship exteriors and a greater number of ships available
fix ship labels, i.e. Call the Romulan Warbird a Warbird instead of Dreadnaught
ability to chat in the editor
Instead of just squads of enemies it would be good to have individual enemies we can use as combat characters.
get rid of the Deep Space Encounters in the test maps. Makes it a pain if you are testing a map in a high danger sector while flying with your foundry character which is in a scout ship and a lvl1 character with no bo's.
Since this is a way to get free content for the customers to play taking some of the load off of the developers I think that the higher rated the UGC missions are they should get prizes such as c-store credits, special ships, uniforms and etc.

I have also had issues where characters on the federation bridge are unable to move from the bridge to the ready room or the turbolift. Because of this I altered my mission so that the action does not move to the ready room and dropped a wall door in front of the turbolift door but it would be better if those worked.
Lt. Commander
# 182
05-30-2011, 11:11 AM
AN update for the roadmap would be a nice thing. Please can we get some kind of update of the state we are in and what to look forward to?
Lt. Commander
# 183
06-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Any chance NPC contacts will get alternate ambient behaviors soon?

I would really like to get some NPCs to start following.
Lt. Commander
# 184
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
The Foundry is an awesome concept. I've only been a subscriber for 3 days and have ran like 4 Foundry missions. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the 4-5 star missions from some of the more well known authours like Galactrix, et al.
Lt. Commander
# 185
06-24-2011, 11:17 PM
jburke4,

I agree with most of what you've said.
I disagree with the object collisions.
Being able to meld objects together gives us more room to be creative.
Like the steps I've made on the Axis Space Station in my latest 3 missions.
Never could have done them with object collision countermeasures preventing it.

Contact me directly in-game sometime.
I'd love to chat with you some more and maybe even show you what I mean first-hand ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 186
07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Perhaps have objects have collision after editing. So when you go to the "set", they are solid no matter where you put them.

Right now, my biggest gripe with the Foundry Editor that I'm hoping that will be fixed soon is the how the mouse wheel doesn't always zoom / unzoom, especially with the custom editor. I really like a manual zoom bar added like with the Dialogue and Map Sections.
Lt. Commander
# 187
07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Perhaps have objects have collision after editing. So when you go to the "set", they are solid no matter where you put them.

Right now, my biggest gripe with the Foundry Editor that I'm hoping that will be fixed soon is the how the mouse wheel doesn't always zoom / unzoom, especially with the custom editor. I really like a manual zoom bar added like with the Dialogue and Map Sections.
My main gripe is not being able to resize "Costumes".
We're essentially making another character in that tab.
So why does all of my "Costumes" have to be set at 4 feet tall with no way to change it?
I made a Gorn "Costume", and put it on a Gorn NPC and it was STILL only 4 feet tall.
WTH?!
If we can't edit any other size factors such as facial features & body type, we should still at least be able to change the height.
I mean, Hirogen are about 7 feet tall (from what I've seen in the Foundry) and Ferengi are about 4 feet tall.
Yet they're the same size if they're both costumes.
Not right >.<

While we're at it, why not add a feature allowing us to change an enemy's Faction logo?
I mean, I have a series of missions involving a species from Star Trek that's not even in STO, and I understand not being able to make their own logo, but it would be nice if I could at least use say Klingons, but change each enemy's faction logo to something else, or at least change it to the civilian emblem.
Fighting a Hur'Q Soldier with a Klingon faction logo on their lifebar just so they can have appropriate weaponry doesn't make sense.
That's why my good missions aren't published yet, because I'm hoping for this feature to be put in at some point.
As far as that goes, maybe we could just change the entire enemy squad's faction logo?

Cryptic, are you there? It's me; A lifer with great ideas.

;-)
Lt. Commander
# 188
07-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Still looking for/hoping for an updated roadmap....pretty please?
Lt. Commander
# 189
07-14-2011, 08:58 PM
I personally am hoping to get some functionality for timers. I doubt we will see such a concept soon, but it would be great. I have several mission ideas for "Survive for X minutes".

Also, I'd love to be able to see ships given exact paths rather than wandering, but I'm sure everyone else has cried for that too at some point
Lt. Commander
# 190
07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandus5787 View Post
I personally am hoping to get some functionality for timers. I doubt we will see such a concept soon, but it would be great. I have several mission ideas for "Survive for X minutes".

Also, I'd love to be able to see ships given exact paths rather than wandering, but I'm sure everyone else has cried for that too at some point
Why wouldn't we? There's a survival timer in the tutorial mission at Delta Vega when you first join STO