Lt. Commander
# 211
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
i would like to see a far less restrictive foundry, one with far more items, triggers and such. it feels so dumbed down at the moment that i can not pin point the problem to my mission i created a week back. i won't publish it until i can figure out the problems and make massive improvements, specifically, having the ability to create ship decks section by section, ability to easily create patrol paths, different gestures, ability to easily transition between maps without having to place down markers to reach from the last map to the new to to access the transition.

i also want to see the foundry mission map load up not have this automatic window minimize, it's very annoying having to prop the window back open again.

but so far i havent seen any change and under the current structure being as restricted as it is, i may never get a mission out.
Lt. Commander
# 212
11-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_big_mad_boat_man
So.. this is the thread I've been directed to by Zero on the P1 podcast in answer to the question:

"Why should i subscribe and invest in the foundry? What features are going to be added and when?"

A dev post that's a year old by a guy who doesn't work there anymore... No ETAs, no Updates.. and yet we are always told that things change on a daily basis..

Great...

You were referred to THIS thread by Zero? Really?
Lt. Commander
# 213
11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
You were referred to THIS thread by Zero? Really?
Yep.. afraid so.

http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityon...th-zeroniusrex

It's one of the early questions in the interview.

In fairness she does go on to explain why foundry improvements have been delayed and why the adding of foundry assets are a low priority... but the idea that it's not even on a longterm schedule.. not even a vague ETA is just plain depressing.

What really winds me up me also.. . sure there's alot going on right now that the content team needs to polish and work on so they apparently can't give the foundry any dev time, but the lack of support for the foundry seems almost total. Community support included.

For example: They don't even spotlight missions anymore... They don't have to produce fancy VO'd trailers.even a post on the homepage or facebook would go along way towards encouraging the foundry author community right now.

(Disclaimer regarding spotlight suggestion: As a foundry author of very limited renown..am not angling for anything here.. Dereliction Duty, Surrounded, the Star Trek:Overture or Deadly Intentions series would be my shouts!)
Lt. Commander
# 214
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Zero! Why was the collaboration tool never added to the Foundry outside of the closed beta? I want this tool available! Can you please look into having it added, please!
Lt. Commander
# 215
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Zero! Why was the collaboration tool never added to the Foundry outside of the closed beta? I want this tool available! Can you please look into having it added, please!
What collaboration tool are you talking about here?! I never saw one, on RedShirt, Tribble or Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 216
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
It was from the closed beta for the Foundry. It allowed more than one person (or people to share) work on a single mission. This tool needs to be returned to the Foundry! Not only does it allow different people to write dialog for different characters in a mission, but it also allows others to show someone less knowledgeable with the Foundry tools how to do something or have it done for them.
Lt. Commander
# 217
11-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I really wish we could have a collaborative tool.
Lt. Commander
# 218
12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh great Stahl of Dan, bearer of the torch of UGC. Now that you are back in the fold, and the head honcho of all things UGC. Can we purdy purdy please get some kind of update to the roadmap? We are here, now, with a working copy of the Foundry. We would really like to see some positive traction for the tool that people can USE right now. I know there is work going on with the NWO stuff, and that it will benefit us in the future, but really some sign would be really nice, and dialogue can go a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 219
12-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Now that Dan's in charge. Can we please have collaboration tools?
Lt. Commander
# 220
12-11-2011, 09:45 AM
It has been a year, can we get an official update?