Lt. Commander
# 231
01-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
You should check the forum before posting assumptions.

Read Daniel Stahls last post (Click).
Holy crap!
How did Stahl come back without me hearing about it?!
That's F@%&ing great!
Lt. Commander
# 232
02-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Map editor improvements
•Better visualize placed objects in the editor using 2-D preview images
Fully customize backdrops, assembled from various sky effects layers, atmospheric effects, sound effects and music
•Enable snap-to-grid to more easily place objects
•Place waypoints for patrol routes for actors to follow
•Place “job” nodes for actors to interact with, such as consoles

Mission Triggers (new)
•Triggers are a way to make the game play react to the player’s actions
•Show pop-up dialogs in response to a trigger
•Spawn encounters in response to a trigger
Play music or sound effects in response to a trigger
•Set a trigger on entering a volume
•Set a trigger on killing an encounter
•Set a trigger on interacting with an object
•Set a trigger on talking with a contact

How do we do this again? I've tried triggers, I've tried custom backdrops, there is no music choice on custom backdrops, so you can NOT chose music for specific map, there is only AMBIENT SOUND for specific backdrop. I didn't see any music, sound choise for triggers. Were these features only partially implemented or am i missing something? Also some mentioned triggers are not in place. Dialogue related trigger is not working (always says that there are no dialogues to chose from).
Lt. Commander
# 233
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Also LOL at you comparing "Infamous 2" UGC editor with STO's innocent attempt to give us such an opportunity.

You know why UGC for I2 so good? Because its what darn developers used to create game missions. Foundry for STO is a toolset kit that they were going to use to create a new game. It was never done, toolset kit was in its premature stage, so they only now start working on it.

I don't personally understand why Cryptic can't just release the ToolKit that they are using to create missions for STO. ITS NOT LIKE THEY GONNA DO ANYTHING MUCH FOR US ANYWAY. They need revenue now after going F2P and the only revenue they can bring into the project is by working on Cryptic Store.

SO WHY CRYPTIC JUST GIVE US PLAYERS THE TOOLS WE NEED SO WE CAN CONTINUE WORKING ON A GAME AND MAKE IT VERY FUN! Cryptic themselves can just work on their store items that PWE seems to be forcing them to do to make STO bring cash into PWEs wallet.

Give us the darn toolkit, we will work on our own game ourselves. Whats the point on spending resources and improving foundry, if you already have the darn toolkit that you use for STO missions creation? Why do you need to improve Foundry to the same point that it will eventually work like your original ToolKit that your devs are using currently?

I dont get this logic, honestly.

Dragon Age Origins developed, published and then released the game and gave us an awesome Toolset Kit, polished down for player usage. Cryptic instead gave STO players completely different Toolset Kit that they now are working on to improve it for players instead of just giving us the game toolkit itself and work on whats important and what you still have budget for. Come on, Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
# 234
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Also LOL at you comparing "Infamous 2" UGC editor with STO's innocent attempt to give us such an opportunity.

You know why UGC for I2 so good? Because its what darn developers used to create game missions. Foundry for STO is a toolset kit that they were going to use to create a new game. It was never done, toolset kit was in its premature stage, so they only now start working on it.

I don't personally understand why Cryptic can't just release the ToolKit that they are using to create missions for STO. ITS NOT LIKE THEY GONNA DO ANYTHING MUCH FOR US ANYWAY. They need revenue now after going F2P and the only revenue they can bring into the project is by working on Cryptic Store.

SO WHY CRYPTIC JUST GIVE US PLAYERS THE TOOLS WE NEED SO WE CAN CONTINUE WORKING ON A GAME AND MAKE IT VERY FUN! Cryptic themselves can just work on their store items that PWE seems to be forcing them to do to make STO bring cash into PWEs wallet.

Give us the darn toolkit, we will work on our own game ourselves. Whats the point on spending resources and improving foundry, if you already have the darn toolkit that you use for STO missions creation? Why do you need to improve Foundry to the same point that it will eventually work like your original ToolKit that your devs are using currently?

I dont get this logic, honestly.

Dragon Age Origins developed, published and then released the game and gave us an awesome Toolset Kit, polished down for player usage. Cryptic instead gave STO players completely different Toolset Kit that they now are working on to improve it for players instead of just giving us the game toolkit itself and work on whats important and what you still have budget for. Come on, Cryptic...
That's not exactly entirely true. Check out Captain Geko's interview on StarbaseUGC Podcast. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/pod...-captain-geko/

It is also important to note this. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/new...-early-summer/

I know how hard it is to have you creativity limited, but negativity never does anything good for the community.
Lt. Commander
# 235
02-03-2012, 11:24 PM
How do you get missions from the foundary?How do you make your own?

TY
Lt. Commander
# 236
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age01 View Post

TY
You can check out the official site guides here.

Other wise these three will get you started.
Kirkfat Foundry Tut
Havarha Tut UGC
Alimac30 PDF Foundry Tut's
Lt. Commander
# 237
02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age01 View Post

TY
Getting missions to play: open the mission journal, click "Available", then "Community Authored" tab on the left.

Making your own missions: click the "Create Content" tab in the character screen. If you're a Silver player, you'll need to purchase slots for 10,000 Refined Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 238
02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
That's not exactly entirely true. Check out Captain Geko's interview on StarbaseUGC Podcast. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/pod...-captain-geko/

It is also important to note this. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/new...-early-summer/

I know how hard it is to have you creativity limited, but negativity never does anything good for the community.
I've listened through that podcast before posting that. As far as negativity goes, my apologies, I am impulsive sometimes when I see BS . In my opinion if you release soemthing then why not release it in good condition instead of all limited and missing 50% of options.

I don't want to argue really but its a common knowledge that we are using Neverwinter development tool tweaked for STO content. If they'd given us access to original development tool we'd have a lot wider arsenal of options. I guess they have their reasons. And most likely they don't have resources to convert STO development tool that devs use on their workstations for public use by STO players. So we'll just have to patiently wait.
Lt. Commander
# 239
02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
I've listened through that podcast before posting that. As far as negativity goes, my apologies, I am impulsive sometimes when I see BS . In my opinion if you release soemthing then why not release it in good condition instead of all limited and missing 50% of options.

I don't want to argue really but its a common knowledge that we are using Neverwinter development tool tweaked for STO content. If they'd given us access to original development tool we'd have a lot wider arsenal of options. I guess they have their reasons. And most likely they don't have resources to convert STO development tool that devs use on their workstations for public use by STO players. So we'll just have to patiently wait.
I understand. I was once like that, then realised the community thrives of positivity. This is an mmo after all and I can't name one out there that isn't polished. It is us the players that must make this game better by using what we have and giving Cryptic what they need to make it better as well as knowledge towards increasing it's popularity. No argument here, I agree. Plus I can't afford a ban at this time :p.
Lt. Commander
# 240
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Well I have to say that even with the options we have people still can create some nice missions. I've played a few TOP ones and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all . I think after i am done my mission will blow their mind.

Bu then again you never know who will play yours and what their taste is like.