Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 241
02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Well I have to say that even with the options we have people still can create some nice missions. I've played a few TOP ones and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all . I think after i am done my mission will blow their mind.

Bu then again you never know who will play yours and what their taste is like.
Really.
One guy gave me this review on my "Save the Signal" KDF mission, which is basically "Stop the Signal" from the KDF's perspective and NOT a carbon copy of "Stop the SIgnal".

-------------------------

"I stopped playing about halfway trhough i think.
That listening station was at Bomari III not Bomari II.
You need to actually PLAY some Cryptic missions before you rip them off."

-------------------------

However, I played Stop the Signal again, and I he was wrong.
The map was labelled as Bomari III in the Foundry, but when I played the mission, it was callked Bomari II.
Whatever. I just imported the mission, and republished it without his one-star review ^_^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 242
02-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier_Q
Really.
One guy gave me this review on my "Save the Signal" KDF mission, which is basically "Stop the Signal" from the KDF's perspective and NOT a carbon copy of "Stop the SIgnal".

-------------------------

"I stopped playing about halfway trhough i think.
That listening station was at Bomari II not Bomari II.
You need to actually PLAY some Cryptic missions before you rip them off."

-------------------------

However, I played Stop the Signal again, and I he was wrong.
The map was labelled as Bomari III in the Foundry, but when I played the mission, it was callked Bomari II.
Whatever. I just imported the mission, and republished it without his one-star review ^_^
Nah that wasn't me if you're implying something . I am not that much about details or specific facts of names and what not, I like missions that draw you in. Most of the missions I've played were very short and most likely based on real ST episodes or resembled them. What I didn't like in those missions is that creator didn't get out of the traditional standards. It felt similar to Cryptic missions just a bit better story. Some of the missions are too short others are too long and you feel like reading a book.

I think there should be a good balance between reading the story and "fighting a war". To keep you interest and on the other hand to not let you fall asleep in front of the monitor and to keep you on your toes.

I still recognize a good effort and I have tipped some Dil to fellow creators even though my score may not be round 5 for those missions I've played.

I'll have my mission ready soon, that would be a good way to show what I like and how I like my missions .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 243
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Nah that wasn't me if you're implying something
Never said it WAS you and never inplied that it was.
I was trying to agree with your statement about never knowing the tastes of the players playing your missions.
That is all.

And, actually, what that guy said was "That listening station was at Bomari *III* not Bomari II."
I never noticed that mistake until I saw your quote from it >.<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 244
02-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Looks like the Foundry needs some updates so people actually stop discussing about I's and II's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 245
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Found enother limitation today. You can only have a specific number of maps in your mission. And you can only have 2 transition points from each map if I am not mistaken - there and back. Each next one will replace the previous. So putting it all together your mission can only be that big. Bleh . Now I have to remove maps to fit in this ever limiting feature of STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 246
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
Found enother limitation today. You can only have a specific number of maps in your mission. And you can only have 2 transition points from each map if I am not mistaken - there and back. Each next one will replace the previous. So putting it all together your mission can only be that big. Bleh . Now I have to remove maps to fit in this ever limiting feature of STO.
Really?!
Because everytime I have tried to transition back to a previous map, it causes the original map's objectives on that map to reload as well, thus causing the mission to enter into an endless loop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 247
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
What I mean is you enter a map and then you exit it and enter another map. So its 2 transitions one in and one out. Thats the limit. We can't use same map for 2 in transitions since as you say it will reset all the triggers etc. What I do, I create a copy of the same map, disable triggers that player already played through and thats the only way it seems. It gets very bad when your story wants you for example to go to map 1, then go to map 2, then go to map 3 and then if you need to return to map 2 you have to make a copy - map 2.1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 248
02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Same drill as always. Another month, another period of time without an updated roadmap.

Can we get a preview of what would like to appear in season 6
what works, what doesnt?
a picture of a space goat?
something?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 249
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
...It gets very bad when your story wants you for example to go to map 1, then go to map 2, then go to map 3 and then if you need to return to map 2 you have to make a copy - map 2.1.
That's what I meant.
I have this 1 mission I can't finish making because I need 1 more map transistion, but I can't have it because I've reached the map quota, because I can't just disable the previous objectives on a map I've already used so I can use it again.
Basiaclly, I have to do what you just said above, but I can't because I've already reached the limit on the amount of maps I'm allowed to use in one project.
Pft!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 250
03-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Same drill as always. Another month, another period of time without an updated roadmap.

Can we get a preview of what would like to appear in season 6
what works, what doesnt?
a picture of a space goat?
something?
Since there's no roadmap, I think we just keep requesting features, like:
Transporter pads as doorways from one map to another (imagine that)
Space maps for Gamma Quadrant systems like Idran (especially after seeing the maps in the latest FE)
The ability to create cutscenes

Just a few off the top of my head.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM.