Rihannsu
# 291
08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakon90505 View Post
So I'm doing Perfect World a favor by making story content for them and help keep the player base entertained, and Perfect World wants me to pay them for the privilege if I want to use certain models in the process? I don't think so.
Not all models are in the Foundry, especially costumes. Dunno about this specific case, as I've only just started to get into the Foundry more seriously and what do you know...the Foundry's been down all the time lately.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Starfleet Veteran
# 292
08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I can't believe there is still no way to do this:

* enemy NPC ship decloaks
* you hail enemy NPC ship
* they say a bunch of stuff to you
* then they warp out and disappear off the screen entirely
* after they warp out some other ships decloak and you fight them but when their health is low, they get disabled and you board them

Seriously, this is basic stuff... many of the regular missions have stuff like this. Why isn't it in the Foundry?
Lieutenant
# 293
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm still waiting for a Ship interior customization with the foundry and since Cryptic doesn't have much interest on this game but also is currently developing another (neverwinter) I'm pretty much sure that is never gonna happen...

I'm Klingon player but the light of the ship interior hurt my eyes a little, I mean, is too dark, i like dark ambients but is a little too much for me, i was looking forward to use the foundry to change the interior' light for another less... dark, also creating a pseudo-starfleet interior and changing the crew from klingons to (liberated) borg humans (alien-made, using 'infested' skin), more orions and gorns only. no letheans, no nausicaan and no klingons... but think that i never gonna happen too
Ensign
# 294
11-01-2012, 07:44 PM
the option to beam down somewhere yoursef..like a friendly ship or starbase

yes the npcs who follow you would be amazing

more ship interior options for kdf and federation

a few more bridge options too

the ability to import individuals/individualmaps from one mission to another

more npcs with antares 2 uniforms..there are enough in starbases

the ability to..even if it is less extensive than the main but custn cardassian/romulan chracters

also i notice some ships an stuff mainly C store stuff are not in..like the regent and armitage

aso lack of bajoran npcs..how can douse the bajoran map and not have bajorans?

Last edited by dariuskoronikov; 11-01-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 295
11-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphantilles View Post
I can't believe there is still no way to do this:

* enemy NPC ship decloaks
* you hail enemy NPC ship
* they say a bunch of stuff to you
* then they warp out and disappear off the screen entirely
* after they warp out some other ships decloak and you fight them but when their health is low, they get disabled and you board them

Seriously, this is basic stuff... many of the regular missions have stuff like this. Why isn't it in the Foundry?
This. A thousand times this. I just started making my first Foundary mission, and I wanted:

* The player to be attacked by the villain's ship (solo ship w/ specific costume, not factional grab-bag)
* After the player defeats enemy ship, enemy ship instead of blowing up turns tail and warps out

That exact thing has happened in official story missions, so I was rather surprised to find there was no way to do it in Foundary.

There just really, really needs to be a way to despawn NPC contacts similar to the show/hide parameters with objects, preferably with animations.

Other stuff:

Environmental sounds: I can set them for space maps, but not ground or indoor maps. I wanted to create a dive bar. Got halfway through construction, then realized that no matter how much activity there was on set, the place would end up being eery dead quiet. I can pack the room with all kinds of cool little character moments using the NPC animations, but the complete lack of ambient sound just makes it all jarring and creepy. There's a couple ambient sound files used in premade maps for exactly this sort of setting, so I know the resources exist already, I just can't use 'em.

This is doubly weird since the ambient sounds available to space maps include ground sounds like wind and jungle noises and stuff, suggesting that this feature was supposed to be available for ground maps, but someone goofed while assembling that part of the map editor.

More ship models available in ground maps: Like the landed and crashed BOPs, and placeable runabouts, Delta flyers, type 10s, class Fs, and Klingon and Frengi shuttles in addition to that one lonely type 8 would be greatly appreciated. Can't expect a KDF hanger bay map to be populated with Starfleet shuttles.

Last edited by connectamabob; 11-12-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Commander
# 296
11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connectamabob View Post
This. A thousand times this. I just started making my first Foundary mission, and I wanted:

* The player to be attacked by the villain's ship (solo ship w/ specific costume, not factional grab-bag)
* After the player defeats enemy ship, enemy ship instead of blowing up turns tail and warps out

That exact thing has happened in official story missions, so I was rather surprised to find there was no way to do it in Foundary.

There just really, really needs to be a way to despawn NPC contacts similar to the show/hide parameters with objects, preferably with animations.

Other stuff:

Environmental sounds: I can set them for space maps, but not ground or indoor maps. I wanted to create a dive bar. Got halfway through construction, then realized that no matter how much activity there was on set, the place would end up being eery dead quiet. I can pack the room with all kinds of cool little character moments using the NPC animations, but the complete lack of ambient sound just makes it all jarring and creepy. There's a couple ambient sound files used in premade maps for exactly this sort of setting, so I know the resources exist already, I just can't use 'em.

This is doubly weird since the ambient sounds available to space maps include ground sounds like wind and jungle noises and stuff, suggesting that this feature was supposed to be available for ground maps, but someone goofed while assembling that part of the map editor.

More ship models available in ground maps: Like the landed and crashed BOPs, and placeable runabouts, Delta flyers, type 10s, class Fs, and Klingon and Frengi shuttles in addition to that one lonely type 8 would be greatly appreciated. Can't expect a KDF hanger bay map to be populated with Starfleet shuttles.
They have stated in an interview that this update or in one of the next ones they will introduce a 'disable the enemy' ability and the problem with Ambients is in a previous update they tried to add it but it just didnt work so it ended up being in missed in season 5 or 6.
I wouldn't mind the ability to have freindly ships other than Starfleet for once as well as single units, plus a few more features on the costume creation side would be nice such as custom Breen or Custom Romulan to name a few!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 297
11-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Well there are placeable props that come with their own ambient sound effects, both "whole map" sound and local proximity based sound, so it seems to me they wouldn't actually have to tinker with the foundry itself, just make a bunch of invisible object props with the sounds attached and stick 'em in the "effects" category of the objects tab.
Ensign
We need the ability to import maps and costumes from one project to another without having to start the target project all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 299
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
could we have a way to Highlight map Exit points...

I made a mission for New Romulous and all the exit points are not highlighted on the map.
Sort of hard to find them.
Lt. Commander
# 300
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Upcoming Foundry Feature Goals
The following features are high on the priority list for upcoming updates (most likely Q1 2011)

Improved features for playing Foundry missions
- The ability to flag missions as "favorites"? so players can bookmark them for later play
2013 Q1: Nope
- Improved searching options to allow for more specific flags and filters

Project Management improvements
- Setting prerequisite and follow-up missions that can be linked together into a story arc
- Set the level, powers, and gear for test characters to improve testing
2013 Q1: Nope, on the contrary, all possibility of leveling in the foundry was taken away.

Map editor improvements
- Better visualize placed objects in the editor using 2-D preview images
2013 Q1: 50%. You must be able to change the Z order.
- Fully customize backdrops, assembled from various sky effects layers, atmospheric effects, sound effects and music
- Enable snap-to-grid to more easily place objects
2013 Q1: It is in and it is a MAJOR PITA. I wish it was deactivated.
- Place waypoints for patrol routes for actors to follow
2013 Q1: In
- Place "job" nodes for actors to interact with, such as consoles

Mission Triggers (new)
Triggers are a way to make the game play react to the player's actions
- Show pop-up dialogs in response to a trigger
- Spawn encounters in response to a trigger
- Play music or sound effects in response to a trigger
- Set a trigger on entering a volume
- Set a trigger on killing an encounter
- Set a trigger on interacting with an object
- Set a trigger on talking with a contact

Branching dialogue (new)
- Add multiple buttons to a prompt and chain prompts based on button chosen
- Show/hide buttons based on mission state
- Alter button behavior based on mission state
2013 Q1: All the buttons behave the same.

Costume creator improvements
- Add in body scaling features found in the in game costume editor

Timeline editor (new)
- Change encounter behavior based on objectives in progress and triggers
- Change contact dialog text in based on objectives in progress and triggers
2013 Q1: I guess

Plus general improvements to usability and more choices throughout the environment
Longer Term Foundry Goals
The following features are also being tracked for future updates, but will take some time before they will be completed.

- Improved ways for authors to collaborate on projects
- Author rating based on overall ratings of missions they've created
- Web access to searching Foundry-generated missions

Map Editor Future Goals

- Create fully customized interior layouts from room and hallway pieces
- Place lights directly on a map
2013 Q1: With workarounds
- Use a random name generator for contacts and actors
- Placing "anomaly" crafting nodes into maps
- Custom behaviors for encounters (custom AI)
- Placement of auto-generated civilian populations
- The ability to create custom planetary surface (exterior) maps
- 3-D visualization while editing to improve placement of details
- "Make a random map" option to speed up map creation

Mission Editor Future Goals

- Give the player quest items used by the mission
- The ability to create content that takes place on the player?'s own "bridge" interior
- Custom cut scenes as part of the mission

Other Uses of Foundry Content

- Using Foundry to create custom starship bridge and ship interiors
- Using Foundry to create custom starbase interiors
- Using Foundry to create PvP maps
- Using Foundry to create Fleet Action maps

As you can see - there are a lot of great features coming for the Foundry. We are already seeing great missions with the features we have now and the power of the tools will grow over time while (hopefully) still retaining the simple learning curve.

Last edited by pendra3780; 02-08-2013 at 04:14 AM.