Lt. Commander
# 1 New Forum Rankings
12-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Not that it really matters but i wouldn't mind seeing some additional rankings added to the forums based on post level. Currently we have member, junior member and senior member and it seems as times goes on either the number of posts to achieve each level should be increased or additional ranks should be added. I like to read the forums and kind of like to know how prevalent the person whos post im reading is in the community i suppose another option would be to just list post count. Also there is the career office label which is fine but i think they to should have a additional title related to there forum contribution and presence. Just a little tool to gauge one ones opinion by....
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flato View Post
Not that it really matters but i wouldn't mind seeing some additional rankings added to the forums based on post level. Currently we have member, junior member and senior member and it seems as times goes on either the number of posts to achieve each level should be increased or additional ranks should be added. I like to read the forums and kind of like to know how prevalent the person whos post im reading is in the community i suppose another option would be to just list post count. Also there is the career office label which is fine but i think they to should have a additional title related to there forum contribution and presence. Just a little tool to gauge one ones opinion by....
Ya know, if I may expand on this a little, what about rank pips? They're fun and adds a little flair to our postbit. Also maybe just change them from the default vB stuff to more Trekkie ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2010, 05:50 AM
It's fine as it is imo as all this will do is encourage people to post more spam like it always does in all forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dominatus- View Post
It's fine as it is imo as all this will do is encourage people to post more spam like it always does in all forums.
Then there should be a "time registered" on the forums to be a requirement. Then the spammers will have to pace themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
This. And, unfortunately, i see exactly this happening every time post count is introduced.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2010, 07:29 AM
A wise man one said: "It's not about the post count, it's about making your posts count."
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
My thoughts exactly. It's fine the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 07:47 AM
ive never really understood why post counts or how established a person is changes people opinions of what they say.

if i come up with a brilliant idea, does having a thousand previous posts or 7 make my idea any different?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
<=== Career Officer. It means I don't give a d**n about my post count.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
A wise man one said: "It's not about the post count, it's about making your posts count."
This.
A post count is irrelavent. Its the contents of your posts that really count.