Lt. Commander
# 171 Found the answer...
04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
HELP!
For some strange reason, only HALF of the commands will work in the keybind string!
...(snip)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
5.0 Activation limitaions

Keybinds aren't the be all end all of Star Trek Online; there are some limitations to using them:

5.1 Multiple powers = Multiple presses

Many times you will be required to press the <key> multiple times to activate each power bound to that <key>. So, if you have ten (10) powers bound to one key, you will likely have to press that key 10x to get each one to activate.

Now, you're gonna groan, “But isn't that what the binds are for? Why can't we activate all these power with the press of a button?” The answer to that is what I call the “I win button” or, conversely, the “I'm indestructible button” (aka, hammer meet anvil). Cryptic has graciously incorporated (Thank you, again.) the multiple press requirement to prevent anyone from creating just such a monster (or two).
Could this be the reason for my problem????

------
Edit:
Yep, that was the problem - I just had to keep pressing that F8!
Lt. Commander
# 172
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:

------
Edit:
Good thing to; my forehead was beginning to bleed.

Application of skill and timing ... good. I win (re:F@W currently) ... bad.
Lt. Commander
# 173
04-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:

------
Edit:
Assuming you never pressed it more than once, definitely...

Edit: Just saw your edit..doh..
Lt. Commander
# 174
04-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Hello there.

Im using keybinds but i figured that the order in which they are executed are not correct.

For instance on my third line, TrayExecByTray 2 9, then 2 8, 2 7, 2 6 is not executed in the right order. it seems to be completely random

On the other hand, the 2nd line which has all my tactical abilities just begins at the first (0) and ends at the last (9) which is going great..

Is this just a visual bug? because i checked it out, and it seems the buffs really are randomly activated.
Lt. Commander
# 175
04-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah....I am not a computer science major. I just like playing video games.
Lt. Commander
# 176
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd like to know how I can make a keybind to switch out my devices. For instance after i use a battery i'd like to be able to quickly switch out the batts with another device in my inventory while the batts are on cooldown. Hope that makes sense. Anyone know how to do this? Thanx in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 177
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Hello there.

Im using keybinds but i figured that the order in which they are executed are not correct.

For instance on my third line, TrayExecByTray 2 9, then 2 8, 2 7, 2 6 is not executed in the right order. it seems to be completely random

On the other hand, the 2nd line which has all my tactical abilities just begins at the first (0) and ends at the last (9) which is going great..

Is this just a visual bug? because i checked it out, and it seems the buffs really are randomly activated.
I've found that there is an issue with activation times. Some abilities have and activation time that requires the button to be depressed for 0.5 - 1.0 second. If you spam the keybind everything will go off randomly. Try pressing the button quickly but not spamming. (Press...wait 0.5s...Press...wait 0.5s...Press)
See what that does for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I'd like to know how I can make a keybind to switch out my devices. For instance after i use a battery i'd like to be able to quickly switch out the batts with another device in my inventory while the batts are on cooldown. Hope that makes sense. Anyone know how to do this? Thanx in advance.
Hate to say it, but you can't do this. There is no mechanic avaiable.
Lt. Commander
# 178
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post

Hate to say it, but you can't do this. There is no mechanic avaiable.
Thanks anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 179
04-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I've set up my keybinds like this:
Ctrl+X "alias startChannel "channel_setcurrent {}$$startchat""
Ctrl+T "startChannel Team"
Ctrl+G "startChannel Guild"
Ctrl+O "startChannel OmegaXIII"
Ctrl+X re-creates the alias /startChannel which is used by the other keybinds to set the channel and immediately initiate the chatbox waiting my input.

Using these binds means I don't have to manually select the channel from the chatbox and I'll never miss-tell again.
I love the use of the variable, but wouldn't it be just as effective to use the following, saving the step of hitting two keys to chat:

Ctrl+T "channel_setcurrent Team$$startchat"
Ctrl+G "channel_setcurrent Guild$$startchat"
Ctrl+O "channel_setcurrent OmegaXIII$$startchat"
Lt. Commander
# 180
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
A few questions and clarifications:

1) I like the idea of just pressing "left" and letting the ship make it's own turn. I fly a cruiser, so auto-turning would free up my hand for other keybinds. But I have a question. Is it possible to make it so that when I press "right", it DEACTIVATES my current left turn, and activates a right turn instead? Because, in the current system I have, I have to press "left" again to deactivate the turn before activating the right turn. I'd prefer the left turn to auto-deactivate when I press the "right" key. If there is no way around this, then I'll just have to get used to the method, but it can't hurt to ask for a better way.
Ok, sorry for the delay in answering... took me a little while to get the syntax correct and to do troubleshooting, but the following will provide what you want:

Ctrl+W "bind Ctrl+D initRight$$bind Ctrl+A initLeft$$unbind Ctrl+S$$alias initRight "++right$$ bind Ctrl+A flipTurnLeft$$bind Ctrl+S stopRight$$unbind Ctrl+D"$$alias initLeft "++left$$ bind Ctrl+D flipTurnRight$$bind Ctrl+S stopLeft$$unbind Ctrl+A"$$alias flipTurnLeft "++right$$++left$$bind Ctrl+S stopLeft$$bind Ctrl+D flipTurnRight$$unbind Ctrl+A"$$alias flipTurnRight "++left$$++right$$bind Ctrl+S stopRight$$bind Ctrl+A flipTurnLeft$$unbind Ctrl+D"$$alias stopLeft "++left$$bind Ctrl+D initRight$$bind Ctrl+A initLeft$$unbind Ctrl+S"$$alias stopRight "++right$$bind Ctrl+D initRight$$bind Ctrl+A initLeft$$unbind Ctrl+S""

And yes, it is all one keybind, so if you copy it, select all including the double quotes at the end.

What this does is allows Ctrl D to start a continual right hand turn and Ctrl A to start a continual left hand turn. It does not matter if you are currently in a turn or not. Ctrl S will stop the turn, no matter the direction.

To make this work, you will have to hit Ctrl W to initialize everything, which has to be done each time you launch the game since aliases don't remain in memory. Also, if you don't hit Ctrl S and you change maps, you will have to hit Ctrl W again to reset the keybinds.

Edit: While my first attempt was to do the syntax and functionality, it wasn't designed for usability. So I changed it to be the WASD keys, instead of A R L S.