Lt. Commander
# 201
05-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
live\localdata\CommandAliases.txt"
Has anyone been able to get this to work? I've placed the CommandAliases.txt file in the live\localdata\ directory and it doesn't seem to work. I agree with Tranceaddict: even though the alias save file may work in Champions Online, it doesn't seem to be activated in Star Trek Online.

. . . but it could be . . .
Lt. Commander
# 202
05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I hope I'm not beating this drum too much, but I found this STO forum post with Google: Looks like the alias save file is supposed to work with STO, or at least it used to.
Lt. Commander
# 203
05-04-2011, 08:17 PM
sadly, I haven't been able to get it to work either.
Lt. Commander
# 204
05-05-2011, 04:20 AM
I vaguely remember trying it out it ages ago when I was messing with voice control. It may have been taken out since then.

Edit, just tried. It is definitely working.

Made a CommandAliases.txt in the Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata folder.
Put this into the file
alias asa "+left"

Launched STO, typed in /asa and my ship started to turn.
Lt. Commander
# 205
05-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Subscribing also
Lt. Commander
# 206 CommandAliases.txt
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
. . . It is definitely working.

Made a CommandAliases.txt in the Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata folder.
Put this into the file
alias asa "+left"

Launched STO, typed in /asa and my ship started to turn.
Great work, Pendra! You made my day.
Inspired by your success, I went back and rewrote my CommandAliases.txt, only to discover that my filename was called commandaliases.txt.txt. Doh! I have been trying to get this to work for over a month. I am glad to report that my ship is now stuck in a left turn also.

Footnote: I plan on turning off Windows 7 default option of "Hide extensions for known file types."
Lt. Commander
# 207
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS

Don't wait! Get the Power with Backup solution NOW!!!!!!
My question for clarification;
Laymans terms; This KB activates aa primary power then automatically activates a secondary power to follow.
Very good for activating a BUFF then the attack that follows with a keypress.

example: P "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 7 1 3"

should in theory activate your THY (2 7 ) then automatically follow with Quatam Torpedo (1 3) everytime you press the P key, unless one of the powers is on cool down?

And can this command line be inserted into longer more complex keybind command chains?
for example:

shift "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 3 0 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "

Thanks for any reply.
Roach
Lt. Commander
# 208
05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
I've found that there is an issue with activation times. Some abilities have and activation time that requires the button to be depressed for 0.5 - 1.0 second. If you spam the keybind everything will go off randomly. Try pressing the button quickly but not spamming. (Press...wait 0.5s...Press...wait 0.5s...Press)
See what that does for you.
From what I've seen in game so far, there's a sort of "mini-queue" for the TEBTs. If you bind 2 TEBTs, the first one gets activated instantly and the second one gets "queued" and activates after 0.5 seconds or so. But this mini-queue gets easily disrupted if you are pressing the key too fast or already pressing other keys (like spacebar).

I also noticed this:

2 TEBT = 1 stroke => first and last
3 TEBT = 2 strokes => first and last, then middle
4 TEBT = 2 strokes => first and last, then second and third

other commands, like Distribute Shields, target, assist or target_self DON'T count as TEBT for the mini-queue.
Lt. Commander
# 209
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
My question for clarification;
Laymans terms; This KB activates aa primary power then automatically activates a secondary power to follow.
Very good for activating a BUFF then the attack that follows with a keypress.

example: P "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 7 1 3"

should in theory activate your THY (2 7 ) then automatically follow with Quatam Torpedo (1 3) everytime you press the P key, unless one of the powers is on cool down?

And can this command line be inserted into longer more complex keybind command chains?
for example:

shift "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 3 0 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "

Thanks for any reply.
Roach
It's either P "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 7 1 3" or P "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 2 7 1 3"

Having both + and first 1 seems redundant and might not work.
Lt. Commander
# 210
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Thy View Post
It's either P "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 7 1 3" or P "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 2 7 1 3"

Having both + and first 1 seems redundant and might not work.
The "+" may be unneeded then, I was curiuos as to the specifics since BDSs post outlined;

Quote:
trayexecbytraywithbackup <int> <int> <int> <int> <int>

The first <int> is the on/off switch, always have it at '1'

The next two <int> is for the first power tray and slot location

then next/last two <int> is for the second power tray and slot location
so the "1" is needed and I am new to this command and its use in larger binds on wether it needed the "+" to insert it properly into a longer command chain like;

shift "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 3 0 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 5 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "