09-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I've set up my keybinds like this:
Ctrl+X "alias startChannel "channel_setcurrent {}$$startchat""
Ctrl+T "startChannel Team"
Ctrl+G "startChannel Guild"
Ctrl+O "startChannel OmegaXIII"
Ctrl+X re-creates the alias /startChannel which is used by the other keybinds to set the channel and immediately initiate the chatbox waiting my input.

Using these binds means I don't have to manually select the channel from the chatbox and I'll never miss-tell again.
I'm confused... does that mean that if you wanted to talk in the Guild channel, you have to hit Ctrl-X and then hit Ctrl-G each time you want to talk in the Guild channel?

Also, would you have to add these commands in both the ground.txt AND the space.txt keybind files so you can do it in both ground and space?

And which quotation marks do you need for the bind to work?

I just want to bind my numpad keys to set a certain channel in the list and start typing my message to that particular channel, so something like this:

/bind numpad1 "startchannel "Fleet"$$startchat"
/bind numpad2 "startchannel "Global Channel 1"$$startchat"

And so on... or should I change it so that all of them have the Alias command?

Then after it's in I do the /bind_save_file (filename with path).txt, right?

From everything I'm seeing, maybe it'll just be easier to just select from the tab which channel I want to talk in... or just create tabs for every channel so that when I click on the tab, it sets the chatbox to that channel... but that'll be a LOT of tabs.

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx
Lt. Commander
# 292
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
The Ctrl+x bind just initates the alias command so that all further Ctrl keybinds work as alias commands are not maintained when you shut down the client.* After the alias command is run, you can use the subsequent commands to initate a chat to the appropriate channel. And yes, you will need to put it in both ground and space keybind files.

The numpad binds you have posted won't work as the startChannel command is not a real STO command, but rather a user created one.
"""

/bind numpad1 "channel_setcurrent Fleet$$startchat"

I have not tested the above command, so there is no warrantly that it will work. But it should

* If you read later past that post, there is discussion about making a permanent alias file that gets loaded every time you launch the client.
Lt. Commander
# 293
09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I've got a question. I've got a space ability that I want to keep automatically trigger itself whenever it's cooldown is up. How would I do that? I tried "/bind Control+z ++TrayExecByTray 4 1" to make Ctrl+z trigger the power repeatedly that is on tray 4 slot 1 but it didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just impossible?
Lt. Commander
# 294
09-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
I've got a question. I've got a space ability that I want to keep automatically trigger itself whenever it's cooldown is up. How would I do that? I tried "/bind Control+z ++TrayExecByTray 4 1" to make Ctrl+z trigger the power repeatedly that is on tray 4 slot 1 but it didn't work.

Sorry, that can't be done with the STO keybinds. Also, if you used some other mechanism it could be interpreted as botting and get you banned.
Lt. Commander
# 295
09-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Unfortunately, no. Cryptic managed to bork the $target during the season 4 update.
Its been repaired with the latest patch. This command works once again
Lt. Commander
# 296
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag

it's not possible to do it as an automated thing... but you could work around that.

you could couple that command with your space bar

space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$+TrayExecByTray 4 1"

That way every time you hit your space bar it would not only attempt to fire all weapons (which does not trigger a global cool down), but it would also attempt to use the power in tray 5 slot 2. The only drawback to that would be that you'd hear the error sound if it wasn't available at that time.
Lt. Commander
# 297
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnzoog View Post
The only drawback to that would be that you'd hear the error sound if it wasn't available at that time.
Too true, unless you use this command:

space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 1 4 1"
Lt. Commander
# 298
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
Sorry, that can't be done with the STO keybinds. Also, if you used some other mechanism it could be interpreted as botting and get you banned.
This raises a moral dilemma for me then. Although this issue cannot occur in space due to the insufficient buttons to bind keys to on a gamepad or controller. On ground missions when I want to use shooter mode I will plug in my Logitech controller/gamepad. When I use it I have an option that technically lets you do that with a repeat setting where you can adjust the intervals of the repeat so you could have zero time where your weapons are not firing. I'm wondering now if Cryptic would be against using a gamepad with that feature if it could be percieved as botting. Although I'm a firm anti-bot person because it takes any sense of achievement and gratification of any game when people do that. I just get a higher satisfaction level when I can use shooter mode with the advantages of a gamepad/controller.
Lt. Commander
# 299
09-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS
Too true, unless you use this command:

space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 1 4 1"
D'oh! I totally didn't think of that... I was even thinking about using the trayexecbytraywithbackup... but I missed the obvious of repeating the same slot.

I'z been pwnt.
Lt. Commander
# 300
09-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnzoog View Post
I'z been pwnt.

I actually rebound all my 1-0 keys with the backup command just to eliminate that error sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
This raises a moral dilemma for me then.
I understand your point. As both ground and space have auto weapons fire built into the game, that portion of your arguement is mute. However, you could always set the repeat timer to only run for 1 minute or less so that you can't be away from the keyboard and still win. I believe that is what the spirit of the rule means. Although IANAL.