Lt. Commander
# 301 Removing Rally points
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Someone in another thread asked about removing Rally points by keybind for Shooter mode. I answered there, but I thought I'd put it here as well since this is the main Keybind resource.

This Command will make them follow you... in very close single file. This command only works if you have actually set Rallypoints for your Boffs

/PetCommands_SetAllToFollowOwner

Also, if they are following you after using the above command, you can use

/PetCommands_SetAllToHoldPosition

which makes them stop exactly where they are. But, remember, before you can use those commands the Boffs have to have a Rallypoint set.

I find that on cardassian ships it's iffy though... they sometimes just crouch after combat and won't follow... but reseting a rally point and doing the command again will get them to follow.
Lt. Commander
# 302 Spectator?
09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't recall seeing these in the original list of commands, but I tried them last night
/SpectatorNext
/SpectatorPrevious

It jumps your camera to the next/previous Player on the current map. In sector space (I'm a nub at PvP so I don't know about ground maps) it's cross faction and I got to really look at some of the Tier 5 Klingon ships for the first time, I'd never noticed their Aegis set was red...

I didn't want to bind them to keys, but didn't want to type them out while playing, so I added sn and sp to my Star Trek Online\Live\LocalData\CommandAliases.txt File (if you don't use aliases they're really easy. Create a txt Document like the path above with that name. Then Edit it. the first 4 lines of mine are:
Alias camp "logout"
Alias exit "quit"
Alias sn "SpectatorNext"
Alias sp "SpectatorPrevious"

That way when my brain reverts to WoW mode from a few years back, It still does the logout when I type /camp.
Lt. Commander
# 303
10-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Can someone just explain to me how to connect all my tac abilities into one button and not go through the Computer Programming 101 lesson. If I have a tray and I put 10 tac abilities in that tray say tray ten, can someone for gods sakes just give me the code to tie all of them to the C button. Just write the code I don;t want to learn how to keybind just tell me how to do it
Lt. Commander
# 304
10-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco1776 View Post
Can someone just explain to me how to connect all my tac abilities into one button and not go through the Computer Programming 101 lesson. If I have a tray and I put 10 tac abilities in that tray say tray ten, can someone for gods sakes just give me the code to tie all of them to the C button. Just write the code I don;t want to learn how to keybind just tell me how to do it
/bind alt+f4 AllCommands_SetTo_1 *.tac $$ group "I win button!"
Lt. Commander
# 305
10-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphertazi View Post
/bind alt+f4 AllCommands_SetTo_1 *.tac $$ group "I win button!"
ZOMG! I LOLed!
Lt. Commander
# 306
10-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco1776 View Post
While your request is doable. I can't seem to find a previous request by you, which makes me wonder why your choice of words in your request seem so rude and demanding. Remember we can't see you and we don't know if you're being sarcastic or funny without emoticons. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you were trying to be funny.

if you bind all 10 commands into a single bind, you'll wear out your 'c' key as it will not string together commands that initiate the global cool-down, about a half second. (e.g. any Boff or captain ability); however, it will work as a single bind. You'd just have to hit your 'c' key over and over and over and over...

/bind c "+Trayexecbytray 9 0$$+Trayexecbytray 9 1$$+Trayexecbytray 9 2$$+Trayexecbytray 9 3$$+Trayexecbytray 9 4$$+Trayexecbytray 9 5$$+Trayexecbytray 9 6$$+Trayexecbytray 9 7$$+Trayexecbytray 9 8$$+Trayexecbytray 9 9"
Lt. Commander
# 307
10-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi I'm just getting started into key binding and having a little trouble.

Heres the bind I'm trying to set up

space +TrayExecByTray 9 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 0
alt+space "+TrayExecByTray 9 3"

what i have is 3 phasors in tray 10 spots 1-3 and a torp in tray 10 spot 4 (the 4 spots on the leftmost side of the tray)

after saving the file and loading it in STO

if i press the space key i get the msg
unknown command "?"
trayexecbytray requires 3 variables
syntax trayexecbytray <int><int><int>

hopefully someone can shed some light on what im doing wrong

Edit

Ok I've been reading through the other posts I think the flaw might be with wordpad or w/e the basic word editor is in win7 when I get home I'll open it in notepad an rewrite it
Btw will using the enter key to put binds on different lines cause any problems
Lt. Commander
# 308
10-09-2011, 10:03 AM
A few of things..

The default keybind of Space is to fire all Phasers, so you didn't need to change the default:
Space GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers

The default keybind for Ctrl+Space is to fire all torpedoes, so you can use that instead of Alt+Space for firing your torps, as the default for Alt+Space is to fire all weapons.

Looking at your commands, I don't see anything with your syntax, as I just used it in my config without an issue.

Lastly, I always use Notepad to edit the keybinds, and I have a few dozen, so the Enter key never gives me a problem in that program.
Lt. Commander
# 309
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
what im trying to set up is so that it rotates fire through my phasors each time i press rather than firing all each time i press

in the event i want to target something that only needs one shot im not firing everything to take it out when a single shot will do

also i use ctrl for teamspeak push to talk so id rather not use that if i can avoid it
im still getting both errors i mentioned before even when using notepad
Lt. Commander
# 310
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
ok ive finally figured it out it was the space between $$ and + that was the problem
so now everythings working right? nope well kind of
i was hoping to have it set so that each press of the button would do 1 action so three phasors three presses however with this setup it will do the first two it can and then the third on the next press is there a way i can set it to do only one at a time?

also is there a way to reset the keybind?
for example if i have emergency power to weapons followed by my three weapons and i press the button several times and stoped so that the next press would be phasors could it reset so the next press would be emergency power to weapons?

i have also noticed that no matter which order i bind my high yield torp and fire torp the torp will always fire first is there a way i can delay firing for .5 of a second to allow high yield torp to become active first?