Commander
# 411
07-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Hmm roger that. Now as I'm reading it, I just copy that into chat?

Couldnt I just put the Dis Shields, 4 EP all on one tray by its self and bind with space with the fire all weapons? have the bind activate the whole tray?
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Commander
# 412
07-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Nevermind, it work to perfection! Thanks So Much!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 413
07-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Yep, sorry, my command was for a keybind file, not the command line. You would need to add "/bind" to the beginning.

But as I had stated in our chat, complicated keybinds really should be in a bind file so that you can modify them easily.
Career Officer
# 414 ALIAS Command
07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post

What I want to know is if it's possible to have a keybind to change keybinds for a certain button.
One way to do this is with the ALIAS command and the COMMANDALIASES.TXT file.

I detailed this earlier in this thread in a (now archived) post here and here.

------------------------
@talosi
Starfleet Veteran
# 415
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I can't do this command line stuff. We should have a GUI Keybind Generator that lets us fill out a virtual keyboard with the keybinds we want, and then save them to a text file that we can load into STO using one command. It would make everything so much easier!
Career Officer
# 416
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I can't do this command line stuff. We should have a GUI Keybind Generator that lets us fill out a virtual keyboard with the keybinds we want, and then save them to a text file that we can load into STO using one command. It would make everything so much easier!
You don't have to do the command line stuff. You can create the keybind text file using the GUI of any WYSIWYG text editor. Then you use the one command: /bind_load_file space.txt

See, you got what you wanted!
Starfleet Veteran
# 417
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Maybe someone could help me with this. I have the following in my keybind file:

Space "Firephaserstorps $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
w "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +invertibleup"
a "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +left"
s "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +invertibledown"
d "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +right"
q "throttleAdjust -.25 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
e "throttleAdjust .25 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
r "throttleToggle $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

It all works perfectly, except using the space bar to fire weapons. When I press space bar, it distributes shields but my ship won't fire on anything. Am I doing something wrong?

*EDIT: I did some searches and found out that "Firephaserstorps" was broken with a previous update. You need to use "Fireall" in order for your ship to fire all weapons. In case anyone wanted to know the line to fire all weapons and distribute shields is this:

Space "Fireall $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

Last edited by kamiyama317; 07-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Commander
# 418 Ref: Release Notes 7-26-12
07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what the new "Added bindable commands for Set Focus Target, Select Focus Target, and Clear Focus Target." [Release Notes 7-26-12] commands are? the /cmdlist doesn't seem to work for me under any chat window including System.
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Commander
# 419
07-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Maybe someone could help me with this. I have the following in my keybind file:

Space "Firephaserstorps $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
w "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +invertibleup"
a "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +left"
s "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +invertibledown"
d "+power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +right"
q "throttleAdjust -.25 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
e "throttleAdjust .25 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
r "throttleToggle $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

It all works perfectly, except using the space bar to fire weapons. When I press space bar, it distributes shields but my ship won't fire on anything. Am I doing something wrong?

*EDIT: I did some searches and found out that "Firephaserstorps" was broken with a previous update. You need to use "Fireall" in order for your ship to fire all weapons. In case anyone wanted to know the line to fire all weapons and distribute shields is this:

Space "Fireall $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Firephaserstorps was broken with the update. Use FireAll instead.

edit... reread the whole post and saw you already firured it out... My bad...
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]

Last edited by defcon1776; 07-29-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: DOH!
Commander
# 420
07-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
Anyone know what the new "Added bindable commands for Set Focus Target, Select Focus Target, and Clear Focus Target." [Release Notes 7-26-12] commands are? the /cmdlist doesn't seem to work for me under any chat window including System.
Anybody know?