Lt. Commander
# 41
01-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Oh a couple of things, I just ran across a thread where dude got a 24 hr silence for spamming keybound chat emotes. So I might suggest two things. 1st a warning 'bout doing that. 2nd someone in the thread mentioned an emote_nosay command. I've looked over the forums and haven't found how to set this up. With your wisdom, could you also talk about that.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Q: I want to be able to distribute my shields constantly during battle. You say you've done it, but you said it wasn't a toggle thingy. What gives?

A: I have bound the distribute shields command (/+power_exec Distribute_Shields) to my fire button. I use the space bar as my fire button; so everytime I press the space bar either I Fire Weapons or I activate a power. Distribute shields is one of those dozen powers.

Try this

space "GenSendMessage HUD_Rood FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shield"

HUD_Rood should be HUD_Root. And I think Shield should be Shields.

I copied and pasted the original into my bind file to be sure it was correct. To my surprise I couldn't fire weapons. :p
Hi Crusty!

here is one of my older keybinds for using the SPacebar to fire, plus activating my damasge buffing powers that have a short CD as well. ( CRF,TT, ApB, ApD, etc). You can rearrange the "activated slots" as you see fit.

/bind space "+TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 7 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
Can't say that I've ever needed any, but I'll look into it. Any thing particular you are interested in?
Afraid not. This is one of these cases where you find a use for something after you know it's there.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Oh a couple of things, I just ran across a thread where dude got a 24 hr silence for spamming keybound chat emotes. So I might suggest two things. 1st a warning 'bout doing that. 2nd someone in the thread mentioned an emote_nosay command. I've looked over the forums and haven't found how to set this up. With your wisdom, could you also talk about that.
It is /emotenotext and not _nosay, sorry I didn't remember correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2011, 08:46 AM
is there a way to chain an emote and SAY command to a single key stroke? I've tried some variations on

/bind <key> ""emotenotext combadge"$$SAY "Beam me up.""

but no dice. Suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
About cloaks: Is there a way to disable it, not just make it switch between on and off states?
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
I claim fat fingers. FAT FINGERS is tell you ... FAT.

noted and corrected. thank you.
No problem. And thank you for making this easy for an old porcine like myself to understand.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Hi Crusty!

here is one of my older keybinds for using the SPacebar to fire, plus activating my damasge buffing powers that have a short CD as well. ( CRF,TT, ApB, ApD, etc). You can rearrange the "activated slots" as you see fit.

/bind space "+TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 7 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "
Thanks for this. I'll have to look and see it there is anything I want to use this for. Just got the fire+distribute shields to work, and now have a three row tool bar in addition to my BOs showing up. It may be too much change for me to absorb all at once. I kept forgetting to F5 in PvP last night and wouldn't notice that I hadn't used my weapons overload skills until half way into the match.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh, and something else I found out: if you purchased STO through Steam - which I did - your Live folder may be in a completely different location, which may or may not be found with Windows Explorer's search function.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Thanks for this. I'll have to look and see it there is anything I want to use this for. Just got the fire+distribute shields to work, and now have a three row tool bar in addition to my BOs showing up. It may be too much change for me to absorb all at once. I kept forgetting to F5 in PvP last night and wouldn't notice that I hadn't used my weapons overload skills until half way into the match.
here is one of my other KB's I use to spacebar fire,

/bind space "+TrayExecByTray 1 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 1 4 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields "

TEBT 1 0 = ApB1
TEBT 1 1 = TI 3
TEBT 1 2 = THY1
TEBT 1 3 = (can't remember)
TEBT 1 4 = CRF3

This way it cycles all my short cooldown damage buffing abilites as well as firing all energy weapons (leaving torps for manual shots) and distributes shields to all facings. Unfortunately I can't remember the all the powers and will update tommorrow. This arrangement works for me very well and still allows for the manual buffing before Alpha strike.

then keep BO3, ApO1 and other such abilities on a single key basis for use when needed.