Lt. Commander
# 51
01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
/bind_load_file C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\<filename>.txt
I was just re-reading this and remembered 2 things.

1) The example path is from Windows 7, it is different is other versions of windows

2) Remember this "<your user name>" is your windows user name, not your STO user name. You would have to have a windows account in your STO user name in order for the above to work.

Just trying to make sure everyone understands.....

Tommy
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
Afraid not. This is one of these cases where you find a use for something after you know it's there.
The only other commands that I know of which use a target variable are:

Assist <name>
name = the name of your target

Assist Zed

Target <name>

Target Zed

As far as I can tell, Assist <name> is useless. Target <name> might be useful for PvP matches if you know who your opponents are ahead of time. I'd just use Target_Enemy_Near & Target_Enemy_Next or Target_Enemy_Prev.

================================================== ==============================

Pendra, Noted. I'll add something to the chat portion warning of this. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
is there a way to chain an emote and SAY command to a single key stroke? I've tried some variations on

/bind <key> ""emotenotext combadge"$$SAY "Beam me up.""

but no dice. Suggestions?

Alright, so initially I'd say part of your problem is the syntax; the quotes aren't necessary and you're missing spaces.

Try:

/bind <key> emote_notext combadge $$ SAY Beam me up.

BUT

I've tried this in every combination I can think of and get fail. When I first bind the chat comes through. When I activate the bind nothing happens. So, I'm beginning to think there is something about emotes that preclude chaining them in a bind.

I'll work more with it and let you know.

Sidenote:

Channelsend <channel> can be used to direct chat to a user-generated chat channel.

Ex.

/channelsend OrganizedPvP Get Mikey.

effect: Get Mikey. will appear in the OrganizePvP channel.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, you know how the OP wrote write in the beginning that you cannot break the game? I may have discovered the exception to that rule. I updated my keybind file with this line:

o +TrayExecByTray 8 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 2 +TrayExecByTray 8 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 5 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 9 $$

The result is that the game crashed and since has kept crashing each time I log in the character in question. Other characters work fine.

Now I don't mean to cry wolf for nothing and the crashes may be completely unrelated. It would help me however if somebody with experience could have a look at the syntax and tell me if there is something wrong with it? The idea was to have a whole tray that i can just fill with the skills i want to trigger and easily change those as i try different specs. So for example i pull all my alpha strike buffs into bar 9 from the power tray. That way I dont have to change my power setup. They should then all get triggered, from power 1 to power 10.

Also, if anybody has had this kind of crash and knows what to do about it I would much appreciate it. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombargo View Post
o +TrayExecByTray 8 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 2 +TrayExecByTray 8 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 5 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 8 9 $$
You need to loose the last set of $$ at the end. It should end be " ... 8 9".

As far as the crash goes, I think they are unrelated. But, go to your live folder. Make a copy of your bind file (with the change) and save it somewhere. (I have a folder C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Player Adds" where I store any changes I make to the Live folder.) Next, delete the bindfile(s) from your Live folder.

Finally, launch STO but don't log in. Click "Options" and checkoff Force Verify (you can reverse this the next time you log in.) Log in. If you still crash, repeat the above but use "Safemode". This will launch the game in reduced graphics and you should be good.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
You need to loose the last set of $$ at the end. It should end be " ... 8 9".

As far as the crash goes, I think they are unrelated. But, go to your live folder. Make a copy of your bind file (with the change) and save it somewhere. (I have a folder C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Player Adds" where I store any changes I make to the Live folder.) Next, delete the bindfile(s) from your Live folder.

Finally, launch STO but don't log in. Click "Options" and checkoff Force Verify (you can reverse this the next time you log in.) Log in. If you still crash, repeat the above but use "Safemode". This will launch the game in reduced graphics and you should be good.
Thanks for the fast reply. I followed your instructions but the crashes keep happening. Even in safemode I went right back to desktop. What I find strange is that my other characters work fine. Any more ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Any more ideas?
see your in-game mail.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
see your in-game mail.
Thanks for that. In the meantime I have come across some more issues I would appreciate your help with.

in >options>keybinds there are 12 slots per column but in game I see a maxium of 10. Since I cannot drag powers into the last 2, how can I use them?

Can I just assign shortcuts to more rows beyond the first 3? And if yes, is the way to do it simply making a keybind command for each key, thus assigning shift-ctrl to each key in row 4, ctrl-alt to each in row 5 and so on?

I am a bit confused about which commands in a a string of commands execute automatically and which require repeated tapping.

I am grateful for any clarification.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I must be doing something wrong because when I use your commands for activating a specific slot of a specific tray I just get: Unknown command "�+TrayExecByTray".

The command in question is: numpad2 +TrayExecByTray 0 1
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
in >options>keybinds there are 12 slots per column but in game I see a maximum of 10. Since I cannot drag powers into the last 2, how can I use them?
You would be referring to the minus (-) and equals (=) keys. These are hold overs from CO where you would have a 12-key powertray. Unfortunately, Cryptic only saw fit to provide STO with a 10-key powertray. If you would like to assign these keys for use you can. To bind these key use the following:

the minus key is represented by '-' (the minus sign)

/bind - ....

the equals key by 'equals' (the word)

/bind equals ...

Quote:
Can I just assign shortcuts to more rows beyond the first 3? And if yes, is the way to do it simply making a keybind command for each key, thus assigning shift-ctrl to each key in row 4, ctrl-alt to each in row 5 and so on?

Let me say this First, when it comes to key combinations you can only use pairings; i.e. 1+2, control+5, alt+s, etc. If you attempt to create a keybind with more than two (2) keystrokes, the system will only recognize the first two keys. (Good question; I'll update the guide with this information.)

You can use the other trays for holding powers to be assigned. I have all my BO and Captain abilities assigned to trays 3 - 10. You can go here to see an example of my power tray mapping.

Here is an example of my Engineering Team binds:

j "Target_Self $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 5"
k "Target_Teammate 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 5"
l "Target_teammate 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 5"
' "TargeT_Teammate 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 5"
return "Target_Teammate 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 5"

The other rows 4-0 can be accessed with the TrayExecByTray command and assigning keybinds like control+S or alt+C or shift+O. Note: you can even go so far as lshift+T or rshift+T and lalt+ or ralt+. The control-key cannot be broken into left and right keys.

Quote:
I am a bit confused about which commands in a string of commands execute automatically and which require repeated tapping.

This is a little hairy and even I haven't completely figured it out. From what I have observed, there are a few factors: 1) length of the keybind; 2) position within the keybind; and 3) activation time of the power. A power is more likely to activate with the initial stroke if it is: 1) a short keybind (ex. a HY bind); 2) among the first to be activated (those listed last in a long keybind); 3) the activation time is short (i.e. short being <.5s).

I'll add this in some where as well.

Thanks for the good questions; everyone can benefit from these.