Lt. Commander
Hey I've been looking for a post on this but didn't find one.
When doing some missions you will scan an anomaly the mini game will start, we all know about the limited time that the mini game has if you want all the possible drops. Well it's annoyed me for some time now that if a bridge officer come's up during the game it will steal focus form the game.

You can replicate this at any time by going to one of the many Explorer X cluster, then go to explore unknown system (the systems where you just scan anomaly are the ones I'm talking about here) On the last anomaly you scan your bridge officer will ask you a question like: do you want to leave now? When your bridge off pops up and does this it steals the input, say you were using arrow keys to play the mini game, or a joy pad, well now the window that just popped up has focus, and if you don't act quickly enough to put focus back on the mini game you lose the extra loot.

Requesting a patch or change or option be made here so that the mini anomaly game has focus (precedence) over Brige officer pop ups.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
It is extremely annoying that it does that. I plan ahead and always am ready to click focus back onto the mini game so I can finish it and get my anomalies. I hope they fix it though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
It is extremely annoying that it does that. I plan ahead and always am ready to click focus back onto the mini game so I can finish it and get my anomalies. I hope they fix it though.
I have resorted to the same tactic; however it would be nice if it wouldn't do that in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2011, 01:22 AM
YES!

This is excruciating.

Only thing Ill add is a possible fix: there are other missions where the mini game isnt registered as 'complete' (thus, no trigger...) until you've finished the mini game. The one that comes to mind recently is the Delta Flyer dailies.

Surely, it wouldnt be hard to change the mission trigger to be when the mini game is complete, rather than upon completion of the initial scan? This would allow people to finish what they were doing before being interrupted by their science officer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
I never ran into that problem on ground.

Maybe you could give your team a Near Rally Point for the time of the scan??
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I never ran into that problem on ground.

Maybe you could give your team a Near Rally Point for the time of the scan??
I assume they're talking about space scanning missions, since I'm experiencing the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angarus
I assume they're talking about space scanning missions, since I'm experiencing the same issue.
I've mostly noticed this in space scanning, yes. I hope this gets developer attention.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2011, 06:16 AM
+1 for this thread.

This is horribly annoying and again just smacks of laziness on the part of the Cryptic Team. This sort of error (being that it's so common and easily noticed) should never have made it off the Tribble Server.
Lt. Commander
I'v been thinking about posting something about this for some time

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz

I have resorted to the same tactic; however it would be nice if it wouldn't do that in the first place.
as have I, but that is not a solution - this is easly solved