Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
Clue that STO fans will get 10 games for only $60? :p

Wonder, how many people saw your STO T-shirts, while standing in line?

Nothing like Free Advertising.

Though I'll be honest, I was hoping to see the STO Trailer in the movie previews. That would've been perfect advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
Sure that's red? Looks orange to me. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Grond smash kirk vessels... I like that one.. I smell Cross-Over.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
hehe yea maybe not the best day to have a twitter session
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I watched the movie, and had enjoyed it (It could have been worse, trust me on this).
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Saw it yesterday ( Netherlands ) and I have to say that it's good, different, but good. sure there are some things that will annoy some people if they really want to nit-pick about it, but that doesn't change the fact that as a movie, it works and it's fun. It really exceeded my expectations and there are some great scenes in it. bottom line, go watch it! =D
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2009, 08:03 AM
scotty was awesome hands down best replacement of all the characters imo
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2009, 09:46 AM
See, I told you and I was right, the franchise is ruining the Star Trek Universe by constantly going back in time... The Star Trek Universe must be filmed as going forward in time in order to survive! I am so very dissapointed with fellow Trojan J.J. Abrams!!!

Did you see the new movie?

Now, with this alternative timeline, (due to the future spock going back in time) Kirk and Spock will never be what they were???

Are you kidding me???

Now, the episode that introduced the GORN, "The Arena", never happened????

OMG, I am so very diappointed... This is not Star Trek, its Star Wars with a twist...

-Sad & Hurt

Michael A. Gill-Branion

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2884038/
Lt. Commander
# 18 Great pics, great movie!
05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, today was a glorious Star Trek day for me. I went to Game Stop (gaming store) and paid my $5 to officially reserve my very own copy of STO as soon as it comes out. I also went to see the latest edition in the Trek movie franchise and I was not let down one bit. I was happy to see fresh faces with familiar attitudes. I am also very pleased that the writers of this move used the "alternative timeline" excuse to give themselves elbow room to be spontaneous and new...Im not one of those "dress up like a Vulcan and go to the convention" type trekies, but messing with the canonical timeline would have seriously dampered my enjoyment of this great movie.

If you havent seen the movie yet, go see it.. I was impressed by the "freshness" it gave to an already well aged and wonderful Trek universe
Lt. Commander
i saw the movie on opening nite and it was way off track of the star trek timeline.... Fist of all Vulcan was destroyed... and in the future romulace and remus were destroted too.... and i mean like that never happened relly!!!!!
Lt. Commander
I just got home from seeing the movie, and speaking as a hardcore star trek fan, I have to say that I was blown away. I thought that the movie captured the essence of Star Trek perfectly. For me, the friendship that everyone on the TOS had was what made the series. It was exciting seeing that same type of friendship forming. It really showed how the strong bonds were form that led to all the crew members to follow Kirk to hell and back.

If you haven't seen the movie, go see it.