Lt. Commander
# 1 Story help
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi all, I have a slew of story ideas I want to make a bit more solid before I actually consider placing them into any mission content. Some of the story missions I have in mind are a bit complex. I came to realize how limited my time really is when I had taken a week just to get around to starting a few introductions to missions. In light of this, I began admitting I could use some help fleshing out some of my story structures, grammar & spelling, character formation, etc.. If anyone would be willing to help out, please let me know. It would be great to not only have the story feedback, but make a few friends in the process. So, like I said, please let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Also, if anyone has the same problems, I would also be more than happy to help. Despite my apparent lazy grammar and sentence structure in my posts, I am actually pretty good at proofreading, critiquing, and streamlining. I like doing it to help others out. So, by all means, let me know if you want help in that area. I would be more than willing to assist, whenever I have time.
thanks.

p. s. you are also welcome to email me as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
Hi all, I have a slew of story ideas I want to make a bit more solid before I actually consider placing them into any mission content. Some of the story missions I have in mind are a bit complex. I came to realize how limited my time really is when I had taken a week just to get around to starting a few introductions to missions. In light of this, I began admitting I could use some help fleshing out some of my story structures, grammar & spelling, character formation, etc.. If anyone would be willing to help out, please let me know. It would be great to not only have the story feedback, but make a few friends in the process. So, like I said, please let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Also, if anyone has the same problems, I would also be more than happy to help. Despite my apparent lazy grammar and sentence structure in my posts, I am actually pretty good at proofreading, critiquing, and streamlining. I like doing it to help others out. So, by all means, let me know if you want help in that area. I would be more than willing to assist, whenever I have time.
thanks.

p. s. you are also welcome to email me as well.
Hm, I'm a little disappointed no one's replied. I guess I could help at some point. Not for a while though (about 2 weeks ish) Unless your stuff is pretty short, I might be able to go through things if it's less than a page long. Feel free to message me though on the site, (I don't like handing out my e-mail to people). I'll get back to you with it when I can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I am too honestly. I would have thought people would take more of an interest in collaborative efforts like this. Its cool of you to respond. I will see if I can get hold of you. I did think it would be cool to casually pass the scripts and share some insights, suggestions, and maybe inspire. hopefully a few others would be interested in helping one another as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
wow no new bites.. how sad. oh well. on my own i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Story Board helps
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Make a classic storyboard using maps. Do the stat then then end first. Works for me. I have even thought of doing one using songs for the text. Rocky Horror Picture show meets Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 01:19 AM
actually my proposal was to draw in some people who want to work together to produce quality work before creating it.. get it down on "paper" as a draft, pass it among the group and they can add notes and suggestions for story adjustments. that way we can help each other flesh out our ideas and increase their quality. the critiquing happens behind the scenes. as a result, when published, i (we) can produce more solid, accurate, and memorable content.

I personally dont know anyone who likes trek as i do. so, unfortunately, when i have ideas and some scripts i need to bounce off someone, i am out of luck in that area. time is an issue for me too. i thought this might be a good alternative to some people who might be in a similar situation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Lack of response may be to do with many seeing it as a competitive thing. A lot of people will want to be the sole creator of the best mission.

I have a series of episodes planned, well planned. Well enough to know that it must be put to bed until foundry receives weeks of updates. Maybe others are doing the same and forgetting foundry until it's worth applying the best ideas too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Hello mate. Just got out of bed on this side of the Atlantic. I'll proof read if you like. I got an A for English in school so I sorta know what I'm talking about when it comes to spelling, grammar and punctuation. I'm sure others on the forum are better qualified but in lieu of any better offers, count me in.

I'm happy to proof read anyone's mission text btw.

The Foundry doesn't have the features my missions require yet, so why not?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 06:10 AM
I am afraid I'd be too busy implementing my own missions (or failing to do so due to lack of time ).