Lt. Commander
# 21
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
I for one and I don't think it's a secret don't ever want to be subjected to additional lag, noise and griefing and exploiting in ESD or in any area of space where the pve content is located.

Make a seperate server for PvP if the numbers justify the exspense, if not give them a sector off in the corner of the map someplace and let is be an open pvp zone. But whatever you do keep them out and away from the majority of the player base that wants nothing to do with this.

Cryptic, I think before people continue to spend money on this game hoping for the bug issues and content issues to be addressed, you should clearly come out and make it known you are not going to force feed PvP onto the general and majority of the population, who do not want it. If the type of PvP that allows for social areas to be thrown into lag fested, bomb exploding, greifing, exploting and zone chat insults areas is going to be coming, let us know now.
I doubt they would ever open up places like ESD or DS9 or Qo'nos for open pvp (for obvious reasons stated in previous posts). But the neutral zones should be converted for it, eventually (and properly).
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
Why not pvp instances of each area. when you zone into pi canis for instance a pop up box appears asking you whether you would like open pvp instance or pve instance. you choose then zone. you could also have a check box in your sign in screen that allows you to choose either pve zones or pvp zones in all transitions so you arent bothered with the pop up box if you want a truly immersive pvp experience.

Have no idea if the engine could support this , but its an idea that would keep everyone happy.
mmm now this is a potentially good idea if it could be made to work.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
Why not pvp instances of each area. when you zone into pi canis for instance a pop up box appears asking you whether you would like open pvp instance or pve instance. you choose then zone. you could also have a check box in your sign in screen that allows you to choose either pve zones or pvp zones in all transitions so you arent bothered with the pop up box if you want a truly immersive pvp experience.

Have no idea if the engine could support this , but its an idea that would keep everyone happy.
If going that far, it'd probably be a lot easier to make a PvP server. So you'd have Tribble (the test server), Holodeck (the current server), and a third, that would be the PvP server. Expect it would be easier than adding all the code in to mix the PvE/PvP sectors when it isn't necessary.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
I for one and I don't think it's a secret don't ever want to be subjected to additional lag, noise and griefing and exploiting in ESD or in any area of space where the pve content is located.

Make a seperate server for PvP if the numbers justify the exspense, if not give them a sector off in the corner of the map someplace and let is be an open pvp zone. But whatever you do keep them out and away from the majority of the player base that wants nothing to do with this.

Cryptic, I think before people continue to spend money on this game hoping for the bug issues and content issues to be addressed, you should clearly come out and make it known you are not going to force feed PvP onto the general and majority of the population, who do not want it. If the type of PvP that allows for social areas to be thrown into lag fested, bomb exploding, greifing, exploting and zone chat insults areas is going to be coming, let us know now.
+1. More letters.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I say these options would work

- certain sectors contain open pvp.
- no pve content located in open pvp sectors
- a special instance like holodeck called battledeck where its an open environment (so us evil pvpers can be away from the pvers and the pver's can just roleplay to their hearts content and show each others bridges decorations)
- level npcs on esd and quonos higher and give them stronger abilities so that if an enemy faction were to attack them it would take sometime and possible group effort to take down, while allowing a chance that players could intervene on the situation by "flagging themselves" if they choose to help fight against the enemy. To add to this allow the respawning time of certain npcs be fast allowing players that require something from said npcs get them without waiting for to long.
- option in character profile that sets you flagged for pvp in all sectors and anyone else who is flagged may attack you at will. Anyone that isnt flagged may continue through sector space without issue or griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Personally, I really suck at PvP...

I admit I've only tried it a few times..., I guess it's just not my cup of Ractagino.

I see no problem with a specific zone being designed for PvP though..., as long as there is nothing put in it that requires me to have too take part, in order to acquire something special in the game.

My suggestion would be to make the zone that is currently a blank space between Pi Canis & Pi Velorum into some kind of PvP area. (Yes, I know the ARUCANIS Arm & HROMI Cluster are there currently, but they could be moved)

It would be perfect because it's well known that the Klinks and Rommies really hate each other.

When the Dev's finally add the Romulans as a playable faction, it'll be fun to fly in there as a Feddie cloaked and watch them blow the Hell outta each other. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Personally, I really suck at PvP...

I admit I've only tried it a few times..., I guess it's just not my cup of Ractagino.

I see no problem with a specific zone being designed for PvP though..., as long as there is nothing put in it that requires me to have too take part, in order to acquire something special in the game.

My suggestion would be to make the zone that is currently a blank space between Pi Canis & Pi Velorum into some kind of PvP area. (Yes, I know the ARUCANIS Arm & HROMI Cluster are there currently, but they could be moved)

It would be perfect because it's well known that the Klinks and Rommies really hate each other.

When the Dev's finally add the Romulans as a playable faction, it'll be fun to fly in there as a Feddie cloaked and watch them blow the Hell outta each other. :p
You could always practice

Hey not everyone is going to like everything, iam not into roleplaying or showing people my cute little things on my ship but hey, aslong as you like what you do then thats what counts

Well.. if your talking about special things in game like borg stf rewards but for pvp content. It has already been mentioned that such things like the borg gear will be added to other sections of the game to attract players to that content. And I know I heard that they will be making cool pvp rewards for those who partake in it. Like I mentioned in a post about the borg stf stuff is that, you dont have to get that stuff but if you want it... then your going to have to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
You could always practice

Hey not everyone is going to like everything, iam not into roleplaying or showing people my cute little things on my ship but hey, aslong as you like what you do then thats what counts

Well.. if your talking about special things in game like borg stf rewards but for pvp content. It has already been mentioned that such things like the borg gear will be added to other sections of the game to attract players to that content. And I know I heard that they will be making cool pvp rewards for those who partake in it. Like I mentioned in a post about the borg stf stuff is that, you dont have to get that stuff but if you want it... then your going to have to get it.
Meh...

I'm to old to go around having my Ego stroked by blowing up bits of computer data...

I'd rather spend my time in bed with my lovely GF, letting her do all the stroking.

I know about the new STF Borg rewards, have seen pic's around here of them, and I'll probably try a few PUG's to see if I can aquire them (it took me 21 times just to finish Infected to the end the first time, so I'm not really gettin' my hopes up).

Actually, if the PvP rewards are geared toward PvP play, then I probably won't really care about not having them.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Not ESD or Q'onos
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I am fine with an open pvp zone (I don't believe the number of pvp people can support more than one sector block) somewhere but I don't want to see the home worlds be like shopping in Beirut. People walking calmly through firefights to buy hypos, no thanks. Fighting over starbases inside that sector is fine.

I have a feeling though that the superior numbers of the Feds will probably mean they have the best chance of holding territory, though anytime some Klingons can find an even fight they will likely win. But if there are 12 Fed ships in the sector and 3 Klingons, I'll bet on the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I am fine with an open pvp zone (I don't believe the number of pvp people can support more than one sector block) somewhere but I don't want to see the home worlds be like shopping in Beirut. People walking calmly through firefights to buy hypos, no thanks. Fighting over starbases inside that sector is fine.
A compromise I'd be happy to make.

Quote:
I have a feeling though that the superior numbers of the Feds will probably mean they have the best chance of holding territory, though anytime some Klingons can find an even fight they will likely win. But if there are 12 Fed ships in the sector and 3 Klingons, I'll bet on the Feds.
Under those circumstances, I'd start playing a Klingon.
Closed Thread