Lt. Commander
That's right. After the reset the same player was back and doing it all over again. Going from instance to instance and in some cases visiting them twice.

And I filed two GM reports about it one for each time he returned to my instance and began shooting the NPC's. I just moments ago left instance 13 on ESD and some of the NPC's are out of place again. Apparently simply resetting the map did nothing. I provided the name of the person doing this, I hope action will be taken to stop it.

I feel as though I shouldn't explain two dozen times tomorrow, like I did yesterday, why and where the NPC's are to people who can't locate them. Maybe I should let them all write GM reports and then get frustrated by a game they can't play. Perhaps they would get so sick of it, as just 'another' issue with playability that they would leave and then perhaps it would be regarded as an issue that needs a real fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I feel your pain. I let my son play for the first time a couple of weeks ago and he got so frustrated with being killed over and over again and not being able to take/turn in quests that he just gave up and hasn't played since.

Seriously a big fat greifer running amok. I have seen several posts by players that have tried to justify this behavior by saying they COULDN'T pass up an oppurtunity to 'test' the boundries of the game... or some similar garbage. The fact of the matter is, it's greifing at its MOST raw and unadulterated form. It's killing players that CAN'T fight back, and it's killing npcs that are REQUIRED for people to participate in the game. Don't hand me a fist full of crap about 'testing boundries' or game mechanics... and don't try to say "Well it wasn't MY fault, blame the bug/devs that made it possible". The bug didn't MAKE you attack innocent players nor did it force you to kill npcs in a place you were never meant to be.'

GET OUT, and GO HOME.

To those of you that continue this behavior unabated, I absolutly DO hope that your account is suspended indefinately. It's no less than what you deserve.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
It's killing players that CAN'T fight back
If it's anything like the bug that started this on tribble, last time I checked it was only NPCs that registered as enemies and could be shot at directly.

unless they devs somehow made the bug worse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 03:53 AM
They do not have a handle on thier own product, and this does not bode well for the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Lucky Klingon.
If you feds got stuck in Qo'Nos, you would be polite & courteous to your Klingon hosts and ask nicely if you could please go home?
Heck no you wouldn't. You would milk it for all it's worth.
I was on ESD for the first time in months yesterday( on my fed alt,) & actually found it nice that every NPC i needed to see were all in one place & I got out without having to spend 15 minutes running from one end of the station to the other.
To the Klingon who was on ESD, I'd have to say
well played.
Lt. Commander
# 6 /comfort
12-08-2010, 04:23 AM
I thought it was rather amusing, lol. It's just a game and I don't see the point in getting quite so worked up over it. That being said, yes, obviously it should be fixed and I'm sure it will be. In the meantime, maybe you guys can RP some story where an infiltrator is running amok on ESD to explain the changes to ESD next season.

There is that, or more righteous anger.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Why didn't you shoot him?
If you are in the ESD and saw this personally why did you not react and defend the station?
In fact why does any fed player present when this happens not attack the Klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Why didn't you shoot him?
If you are in the ESD and saw this personally why did you not react and defend the station?
In fact why does any fed player present when this happens not attack the Klingon?
Because every time I have seen it the Klingon was "friendly" to me? As others have said, only the NPCs see the klingons as enemies and the klingons only see the NPCs as enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwz View Post
Because every time I have seen it the Klingon was "friendly" to me? As others have said, only the NPCs see the klingons as enemies and the klingons only see the NPCs as enemies.
Well then its a bug until fixed and since it has been reported numerous times all we can do is wait for the correction. (and post about it on the forums)
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 06:14 AM
You can't shoot them, although engineers can put down turrets which will. Also, you can heal your Fed NPCs instead of just spectating