Lt. Commander
# 1 Why hate the AGT Uniform?
12-07-2010, 10:56 PM
800 players voted for the All Good Things uniform... second place in the poll after the open jacket...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/pol...sults&pollid=6

how is it that suddenly everyone and their smizmar seems to think that of all the criminally negligent, just... utterly despicable sins to CRAWL... out of its own FETID FILTH and into the franchise.... the WORST of all of them is INFINITELY better than the AGT uniform could ever HOPE to be!!

i may or may not be exaggerating...

so why do YOU hate the uniform?

personally, i think the art team did a nice job making them look pretty snazzy... even if they were kinda frumpy in the shows
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I voted for the open jacket over this piece of bad design decision, myself.

I should elaborate to stay on topic.

It's ugly. It looks like they have their pants pulled up waaay too high.

Seriously, if the color came down another two to four inches, it'd look fine. But as it stands it looks unbalanced, and is just awkward to look at.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I voted for the open jacket over this piece of bad design decision, myself.
Same here, and agreed 100% - it's ugly.

Also, if you break down the total numbers, basically 3,047 people voted for something other than the AGT uniforms. 800 is less than half of the total people who took the poll.
-
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Not sure if hate is the correct word.

Twitching left eye over the pulled up pants would be more correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
It's ugly. It looks like they have their pants pulled up waaay too high.

Seriously, if the color came down another two to four inches, it'd look fine. But as it stands it looks unbalanced, and is just awkward to look at.
We need nerd glasses and a high pitched laugh emote ala Steve Urkel to match.

That or a really old woman.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2010, 11:29 PM
i don't think it's ugly in general. however, i do think the lack of a higher collar and the high trouser-waist does count against it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I voted for the Enterprise Uniform over the AGT what I think it looks ugly.
I got all the Uniforms that they put in-game already & I don't plain on getting it AGT.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyn
800 players voted for the All Good Things uniform... second place in the poll after the open jacket...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/pol...sults&pollid=6

how is it that suddenly everyone and their smizmar seems to think that of all the criminally negligent, just... utterly despicable sins to CRAWL... out of its own FETID FILTH and into the franchise.... the WORST of all of them is INFINITELY better than the AGT uniform could ever HOPE to be!!

i may or may not be exaggerating...

so why do YOU hate the uniform?

personally, i think the art team did a nice job making them look pretty snazzy... even if they were kinda frumpy in the shows
I think you might be exaggerating just a little. By my count there are 3 threads mostly full of people waiting for this uniform.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=186715

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191885

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191067

Sure, there is a handful of people who don't like it and have expressed their opinion but I hardly think that qualifies as "everyone and their smizmar".
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 11:40 PM
For the same reason I hate the GalX, Andorian ship, Vulcan ship, TOS Connie, NX, TOS Uniforms etc.

They dont belong in this time/timeperiod
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
i don't think it's ugly in general. however, i do think the lack of a higher collar and the high trouser-waist does count against it.
To tell ya the truth, I think the AGT uniform was designed purposely like that for a specific reason...

The TNG Crew were all supposed to be much older in that part of the AGT episode...,

IMHO... In order to convey that idea, not only were they put in Aged Makeup, but the Uni was designed to give the impression of the way a lot of older people wear their clothing in contemporary society.

My RL job brings me into contact with Seniors on a regular basis and MANY of them, especially the guys wear their pants that high.

It's something that we as a society see on a regular basis and I think that design thought was put into the AGT Future uniforms to help give the viewers a subtle subconscious feeling of "Wow Their Old".

It's probably also the reason many folks around here don't like them, Frumpy is not Chic or cool to the younger crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
For the same reason I hate the GalX, Andorian ship, Vulcan ship, TOS Connie, NX, TOS Uniforms etc.

They dont belong in this time/timeperiod
Correction, the AGT uniform was seen in 3 separate realities ALL involving this time period.

Again, the uniform was seen in not 1 but 3 distinct and separate time lines. Some (though I'm sure not all) of the things that set them apart were.
(2395) During AGT, the Romulan empire had been taken over by Klingons. Tension between the Klingons and the Federation seemed high and increasing. The Enterprise D was still around. Troi was dead.

(2422) During The visitor, the Dominion war never happened. Tension between the Klingons and the Federation was high but decreasing. The Klingons held DS9. Jadzia Dax was alive and in a relationship w/ Julian. The Enterprise D was destroyed.

(2404) During Endgame, Voyager took 16 years longer to reach Earth. The Klingons and the Federation were friendly enough to care about Janeway's recommendation of Korath. 7/9 along w/ 22 other crew men never made it to Earth. The Dominion war did happen. Jadzia Dax was dead. The Enterprise D was destroyed.

Even w/ these inconsistencies between the time lines the uniform in all 3 was a constant.