Lt. Commander
# 141
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I for one am tired of cryptic recreating canon garbage....

I WANT ORIGINALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Considering that all of the core game uniforms with the exception of the TNG Film style were completely original, you've got it. Trouble is, the majority wanted the "canon garbage" as you put it. I would like to see a mixture of both. I would like the cryptic-designed uniforms a whole lot better if they didn't make me wonder how many vinyl car seats were slaughtered to make them... Synthetic fabrics need not look all shiny all the time. I would love "cloth-like" varriants of the cryptic-designed uniforms that came with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 142
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
I would like to see a mixture of both. I would like the cryptic-designed uniforms a whole lot better if they didn't make me wonder how many vinyl car seats were slaughtered to make them... Synthetic fabrics need not look all shiny all the time. I would love "cloth-like" varriants of the cryptic-designed uniforms that came with the game.
I always assumed that the shiny/vinyl/pleather texture was meant to make the uniforms look and feel more like armour to reflect the more military bent of the Starfleet as it exists in STO.

Since I've re-subbed I've taken to using a black Enterprise Mirror jumpsuit for my male crew. I also find that the Starfleet A-05 varient combined with the TOS skirt and boots for female characters/boffs doesn't look all that shiny.
Lt. Commander
# 143
12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
I always assumed that the shiny/vinyl/pleather texture was meant to make the uniforms look and feel more like armour to reflect the more military bent of the Starfleet as it exists in STO.
That's probably true. Farscape-style.

And not very practical. It would be hard to explain all those "patches" and "seams" and "pieces" that make up the different jackets with something else other than "it looks cool". But tastes differ and there are obviously a large number of people who like this style.
Lt. Commander
# 144
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
That's probably true. Farscape-style.

And not very practical. It would be hard to explain all those "patches" and "seams" and "pieces" that make up the different jackets with something else other than "it looks cool". But tastes differ and there are obviously a large number of people who like this style.
It took me a sec to realize your avatar is of the klingon BOP christmas ornament, Valias....heh...I got one of those too....had it for years and its going on the tree this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
It took me a sec to realize your avatar is of the klingon BOP christmas ornament, Valias....heh...I got one of those too....had it for years and its going on the tree this weekend.
So many people tweaked their avatars for x-mas, I thought I'd join in...
Just be careful that the Klingons don't raid your presents. You know how much they love chocolate.
Lt. Commander
# 146
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Just saying...its now the 14th, and no sign of the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 147
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
So many people tweaked their avatars for x-mas, I thought I'd join in...
Just be careful that the Klingons don't raid your presents. You know how much they love chocolate.
I have about a dozen Fed ships guarding my tree as well as a BOP... of course that is only going to encourage them to raid things.
Lt. Commander
# 148
12-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Taste = Subjective
Lt. Commander
# 149
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
All these are/were in alternate timelines..
And the uniforms were constant every single time.

Quote:
AGT never happened.. You cannot both have the 1701-D destroyed by the Duras sisters *and* the 1701-D upgraded to a three-nacelled abomination.
The Enterprise-D was never upgraded to have three nacelles. But other Galaxy-class ships were. Please show me where it was said in AGT that the Enterprise was the one and only Galaxy that was refitted that way? Or why it shouldn't be done with other ships?

Quote:
Besides ... AGT happened in the future, Picard was a old semi-senile fool.
Their future, our present.