Lt. Commander
# 21
12-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
A different time line. Not theirs.
It got changed the moment Voyager arrived early. (technically when Janeway traveled back in time but that information is secret)

And not sure if Starfleet would even know about it. Seeing as it is very much hush-hush organization.

But maybe it is moot. *shrug* All that matters is that the pants are waaaaaaaaay too high up. :p
Is it a one or two piece uni?

Maybe the top part is designed to appear to be like a cummerbund.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Is it a one or two piece uni?

Maybe the top part is designed to appear to be like a cummerbund.
Well from the in game screens it looks like a cummerband.

For the actual uniform it's pants all the way.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Well from the in game screens it looks like a cummerband.

For the actual uniform it's pants all the way.
So it IS a One Piece?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
A different timeline. Not theirs.
It got changed the moment Voyager arrived early. (technically when Janeway traveled back in time but that information is secret)
Starfleet wouldn't view it as a different timeline, they'd in fact view it as the proper timeline that Admiral Janeway altered, and therefore would take measures to try to preserve it. With visual details on the AGT uniform and combadge in Starfleet's database, the uniforms will be implemented even if Janeway's early arrival home did somehow end up influencing the original designer of the uniform to stray a different way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
So it IS a One Piece?
Jacket with pants.
It is however made as a one piece. So the pants is an illusion. (I think...)

In game will most likely deal with it looking like a top with a cummerband and then whatever pants you want.
Which reduces my interest in it. Top is just fine. It's the armpit pants that are crime against fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valxocia
Starfleet wouldn't view it as a different timeline, they'd in fact view it as the proper timeline that Admiral Janeway altered, and therefore would take measures to try to preserve it. With visual details on the AGT uniform and combadge in Starfleet's database, the uniforms will be implemented even if Janeway's early arrival home did somehow end up influencing the original designer of the uniform to stray a different way.
Grandfather paradox. Not that timetravel ever had a negative impact in Star Trek. :p

But my point is that they would hide the information about the future.
So for the designer to know about it he had to be influenced by Temporal something investigations.
Janeway traveling back would be seen as a violation(ahahaha... Didn't Janeway like make a couple of rules because of her violations?) and thereby be enforced with secrecy?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Who decides which timeline is "proper?"
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-08-2010, 02:02 AM
I voted for it and am realy looking forward to it's release. Unfortunatly for December we have instead been given Troi's Jumpsuit to vomit into :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
My shoes are well over 5 years old.

Compared to the rate every other woman gets new shoes thats like... 500 years. (or 5000 depending on how much "*censor* in the City" they watch)

Ah but that timeline stopped existing when Janeway didn't spend half her life returning to earth.
So different timeline yet again.
But again, the uniform didn't exist in just 1 time line, it existed in 3. If it survived the alteration of 2 previous alternate time lines (AGT, The taveler) it could conceivably survive the alteration of a third (Endgame).
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
But again, the uniform didn't exist in just 1 time line, it existed in 3. If it survived the alteration of 2 previous alternate time lines (AGT, The traveler) it could conceivably survive the alteration of a third (Endgame).
The discussion of it's canon merit is kinda moot at this point...

It soon will be seen in the game on many players and probably in many variations...

Whether or not it becomes a standard on the NPC's..., well only time and the Dev's can answer that question.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
But my point is that they would hide the information about the future.
So for the designer to know about it he had to be influenced by Temporal something investigations.
Janeway traveling back would be seen as a violation(ahahaha... Didn't Janeway like make a couple of rules because of her violations?) and thereby be enforced with secrecy?
Yes, Starfleet would suppress the future stuff from public knowledge, but they aren't foolish enough to ignore it. I'm not even sure how classified the AGT uniform and combadge design would be...it hardly seems as important as the Ablative Hull Generator or Transphasic Torpedos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Who decides which timeline is "proper?"
Apparently, Admiral Janeway decides.

In all honesty, it's safe to assume the original timeline was the proper one, as Janeway specifically set out to change it in her favor. I guess it's a good thing Captain Janeway didn't live in the 29th Century, since she would then be held accountable for her future self's crimes.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Temporal_Prime_Directive

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Temporal_Investigations