Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
But please guys, quit crying nerf and OP on the STFs, just team up with a few proper players.
Excuse me, but did you actually read what I said?

I clearly said I was grouped with individuals who I did STFs literally dozens of times with and we were so good than we did the Cure in 45 minutes. So we very much knew what we were doing, thank you very much.

What we experienced was not fun at all and I hate to imagine how bad PuGs have it. It's no wonder hardly anyone does STFs anymore.




And don't diss PuGs, this is how people got to know one another and become friends. In fact, Cryptic would be wise to make more such zones (minus the insane difficulty) and encourge more socalizing than having people to get in fleets of people they don't know in order to do stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
Infected is the only one I like playing...that said, I still don't know how to consistently beat Rebecca...seems to be random in whether or not the team can get her trapped or do enough DPS to kill her.

I can lead a team of 4 newbies through it successfully...until we get to Rebecca...then I have no idea what to do.
Hide in the alcoves in the North and watch out for the "dot of doom" then shoot her till she dies.
Sometimes the guy in the far right one gets lucky and gets to melee her to death (hopefully with the Borg batleth)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And don't diss PuGs, this is how people got to know one another and become friends. In fact, Cryptic would be wise to make more such zones (minus the insane difficulty) and encourge more socalizing than having people to get in fleets of people they don't know in order to do stuff.
I second this. Being in a fleet shouldn't be a requirement for any of the content. If you want to jack the difficulty up to Elite and challenge yourself and four fleetmates - that's great. But there should be a less harsh difficulty setting for other players. Everybody wins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Wait... they seriously upped the difficulty on the STFails? Oh great.

These things need to be toned down, not ramped up. A lot of people don't want to join a Fleet just to experience a bit of content. Hell, I just want to run the missions and I don't give a damn about the drops. I'd rather I could just solo the STFs and get zero XP and zero drops. I'd be perfectly fine with that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
When did they make a change in the STF's? Is this on Tribble? Release notes?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
When did they make a change in the STF's? Is this on Tribble? Release notes?
Veteran players have mentioned to me the STF's were "ruined" after season 2. Apparently they were once fun to do and of a reasonable level of difficulty that didn't require a full marathon day and night to accomplish, or just to find people willing to do them. I think the bugs that make some of them unplayable (Terradome) also appeared around that time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-08-2010, 12:01 PM
STF's follow the cryptic logic of "hhmmm the players are complaining that mIssion X is too hard... i know.... INCREASE THE DIFFICULTY !!!!"



Seriously, at times i have to question cryptics sanity... many players are screaming out for endgame missions, they have these STF's that for months no one has really bothered with because they kept screwing with the difficulty and eventually broke them and made them no fun to do... months ago cryptic really should have assigned a dev or two to fix the bugs & make the missions scale with difficulty... it would probably have taken at the most a day to do..... and it would have given us something to do at endgame.... But nnnnoooo that would have been too simple and made sense.

Its one thing i wish cryptic would grasp, this game has 3 levels of gamer, the casuals, the average gamers (i consider myself this) and the die hard powergamers.... you have to cater for all groups not just one....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I left awhile back, and came back about two weeks ago,
Then, the PuG's I was with were able to get through Infected pretty quick and it was no problem...
I played Infected last week and...it took quite some time just to do the first part...
I remember that part being the easiest!
(This was a PuG on regular difficulty and not VA level)

I was absolutely blown away how long it was taking to take down just the transwarp gate.
By the time we got to the ground part (and multiple crashes on the ground due to my AMD card)

I just gave up.

I was incredibly burned out including frustrated and we did not even get 1/2 way through the 2nd part.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
Veteran players have mentioned to me the STF's were "ruined" after season 2. Apparently they were once fun to do and of a reasonable level of difficulty that didn't require a full marathon day and night to accomplish, or just to find people willing to do them. I think the bugs that make some of them unplayable (Terradome) also appeared around that time.
Oh just since season 2? By the OP's post, I thought the change was in the past few days/weeks. Been working on a new alt, so haven't done STF's on holodeck server in a few weeks. Ran through most of Infected on Tribble last weekend without much of a fuss in order to check out the new gear, but the boss room still had that bug so we couldn't finish. But the mobs seemed like they always are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
STF's follow the cryptic logic of "hhmmm the players are complaining that mIssion X is too hard... i know.... INCREASE THE DIFFICULTY !!!!"



Seriously, at times i have to question cryptics sanity... many players are screaming out for endgame missions, they have these STF's that for months no one has really bothered with because they kept screwing with the difficulty and eventually broke them and made them no fun to do... months ago cryptic really should have assigned a dev or two to fix the bugs & make the missions scale with difficulty... it would probably have taken at the most a day to do..... and it would have given us something to do at endgame.... But nnnnoooo that would have been too simple and made sense.

Its one thing i wish cryptic would grasp, this game has 3 levels of gamer, the casuals, the average gamers (i consider myself this) and the die hard powergamers.... you have to cater for all groups not just one....
The thing is the guy who made them quit Cryptic. From what I know (correct me if I'm wrong) He only recently came back now that Z is gone. He is supposedly working on the other STF which he did not finish before leaving the company. After he left Cryptic basically abandoned STFs as a core experience element for STO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.