Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Clearer notice?

The devs announced months ago that the weekly episodes would offer special rewards that would only be available for a short time.
The OP is not talking about the special reward being "limited time only". He is talking about the fact that we were originally told that special rewards would be available until the next series started. However, now they have decided to end the current window at the beginning of series 3, which contradicts what we were told previously. Personally, IDC. I'm just explaining his point.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
Wait a minute! You guys got Breen Boffs during Season 1?!?!
No, not during SEASON 1, that was almost a year ago.

The Breen BO was the reward for completely finishing the FIRST Weekly Episodes, which was like three (2?) months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
Yup...one Breen Bridge officer when you completed the last mission of the first series.
Man, now I wish I hadn't taken a break from STO during that time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugshu View Post
The game is supposed to be fun and I shouldnt have to read 1000 posts a day to get an accurate timetable for when prize awards end.
You don't have to read 1,000 posts a day. Simply go to the Dev Tracker and read the few dev posts per day. You'll get all the information without all the forum-fan fluff.

The idea behind the weekly Series is that they offer a special reward until the next series starts. Since the time between Series 2 and 3 is nearly 2 months, rather then just a few weeks, Dstahl said the Series 2 reward would last until Season 3 launched. Series 2's reward actually lasted longer then Series 1's.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
In the past they have talked about making these rewards available again, though that was just talk.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugshu View Post
The game is supposed to be fun - not stressful because of changing rules and timetables with little announcement or warning of the changes.
It ended because I don't think the Dev's intended to keep the option open until the release of the next set of weeklies in 2011. I doubt they intended to keep the option open for more than a week or more and expected it would end before Christmas.

Quote:
Don't fret, someone may sell you thiers or it may become availible in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2010, 10:51 AM
I missed this too, I thought I had more time still. I moved out and my new place doesnt get internet until tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm glad I saw this thread since I missed the announcement of the deadline. Thank you OP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Cryptic REALLY needs to make better use of the in-game bulletin system. I really dont see why it does not to be frank. Hmmm.... Maybe Stormy could take over that function.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Looks like I'll be spending tonight doing the Devidian series before the cane is pulled.