I would suggest botanical performance enhancers before, during and after PvP to boost one's abilities, but that would lessen the local availibilty for me, so alternatives may be needed.
After your relaxed and feeling loose, remember to;
1) use teamwork
2) research keybinding to help with your pvp.
3) always pass left as it keeps rotation steady.
4) Heal each other constantly.
5) play to your individual strengths.
6) stop before it gets too small and burns your lips.
7) Talk to each other, iether by chat or teamspeak ( or other such software)
8) always make sure your skills are properly spent to inforce your playstyle.
9) have fun damnit, its just a game.
1) Tactics for destroying a Gal-X - shoot at it
2) Advanced tactics for destroying a Gal-X - move your ship into it's aft firing arc, then shoot at it... This is rather overkill though.
3) How to annoy a Gal-X - Use choniton torps and mines, while ejecting warp plasma and using a tractor beam. You won't kill it, but the player may just start to pick up on the ships rather obvious vulnerabilties. Or log out. Also for added anoyance, when Gal-X is held in a tractor beam, keep you ship in front of it, but just outside of his DHC's firing arc.
4) Advanced "how to annoy a Gal-X" - If you're a half decent Eng cruiser pilot 1v1ing, simply sit stationary (yes -15% damage resist) infront of his optimum firing arc without firing weapons and proceed to shrug off every desperate attack. Stack phaser resists to make his spinal phaser even more of a joke.
5) How to spot an easy to destroy target - Look for any Galaxy class lookalike with a third nacelle.