Lt. Commander
# 41
12-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
It's been a long time since I've even looked at the crafting menu. Does this mean that all that is needed are the anomalies, or was there a third part to the old system that I've forgotten?
If you go to Memory Alpha with a bank filled to the brim with 99 of each kind of anomaly, you'll no longer need the base item to craft, however, you will need to craft schematics for each kind of item you want to craft.

Say you want a new Phaser Beam Array, you'll need to use ten of the lowest rank (red) anomalies to craft the schematic, then, you'll need even more anomalies to craft the item proper, which specific kinds and amounts of anomalies of course, depends on the level of item you're trying to craft.

But think about that for one second, nine schematics, to craft nine items, will require ninety red anomalies. Does anybody here think you can max-level your crafting with just nine items? What about 27, burning through all the kinds of schematics you can craft with 90 of each red anomaly type? Will that max you out?

I hope everyone has an overwhelming stock of those red anomalies, otherwise you'd better craft before the changes hit.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I've been doing the same thing. I already had one tree maxed and I just recently maxed another, but haven't started on the third...I ran out of some of the samples I needed. lol I've been combing the exploration areas for samples, but I don't think I have enough to get all the way there yet.

I realize I could buy some of them on the exchange, but I'm cheap.

I gotta say though, I'm still super excited about the crafting changes coming tomorrow! Genesis all around seems to be an awesome update.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
btw... by final count - we're adding 408 new craftable items up to Very Rare Mk XI. The update should be hitting Tribble shortly if you want to get a sneak peak.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
btw... by final count - we're adding 408 new craftable items up to Very Rare Mk XI. The update should be hitting Tribble shortly if you want to get a sneak peak.
So the Very rare mk XI will be on this update to tribble in a few Moments?

Great Thanks Dstahl!
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
<exploding head resembling the Tunguska blast of 1908>
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
<exploding head resembling the Tunguska blast of 1908>
Just because I loose control of the ship and it crashes into an unpopulated area of the Earth doesen't mean you humans need to make a big stink about it. Just let it die already. :p
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
Just because I loose control of the ship and it crashes into an unpopulated area of the Earth doesen't mean you humans need to make a big stink about it. Just let it die already. :p
You heard the man
Quote:
we're adding 408 new craftable items up to Very Rare Mk XI.
he's picking up the pieces right now.:p
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Crap... there goes my weekend farmin anomalies.... good thing the highend stuff needs highend anomalies.

Argh... distrubtors can only be made by klingons.... ok seems i have to grind a klingon then to suply distruptors for my fed... :p
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-08-2010, 07:58 PM
I just logged in and checked it out. All I can say is thank you Cryptic! This is really going to help with the insane exchange pricing for rare items.

Also, I fully support the decision to make the schematics cost red anomalies. This should really help new players have some kind of easy cash flow.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
So no crafting changes at all tomorrow to Holodeck?

Whew!
There's still a ton of crafting changes hitting in this update. The release notes have been posted, so please check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker1960
And this is why we (ok, I) need a REAL player's manual, not the joke called a manual on the forum's menu.
I wrote the current Online Manual just before open beta, and sadly only had enough time to cover the bare bones basics, which I still think I did a decent job of. However, it's been bothering me too, as I always wanted to do more with it. It's on my short list of things to get all nice and updated once the "Season 3 Rush" has calmed down and I have time to start work on it again.

When I sit down to start working on it, I'll make sure to get a thread going in the Community Feedback section of the forums so you all have a chance to give me some feedback on it before I start writing.

Thanks,

Stormshade