12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
What are schematics?
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
What are schematics?
They're items we craft with the red samples. They're taking the place of the white items used in crafting new items. (Example: To make a Mk IV Impulse Engines, instead of having to have or buy a white Mk IV Engine, you create a Schematic: Impulse Engines.) There are 18 schematics (19 on the Klingon side, because they have 1 for Bat'leths), one for each type of item you can make (other than personal devices, which require no schematics). Each one takes 10 of one of the red samples to create (Radiation Samples, Mineral Samples, or Alien Artifacts), and grant you 10 Research Points when you create one.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
They're items we craft with the red samples. They're taking the place of the white items used in crafting new items. (Example: To make a Mk IV Impulse Engines, instead of having to have or buy a white Mk IV Engine, you create a Schematic: Impulse Engines.) There are 18 schematics (19 on the Klingon side, because they have 1 for Bat'leths), one for each type of item you can make (other than personal devices, which require no schematics). Each one takes 10 of one of the red samples to create (Radiation Samples, Mineral Samples, or Alien Artifacts), and grant you 10 Research Points when you create one.
cool, thanks
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I'd kind of like to see a little extra added to the crafting system: The ability to break down items into a percentage of what it takes to make them, instead of just straight energy credits from the replicator.

I'd say 50% materials or less, with no rares possible.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Yea, I got my crafting maxed out today. I would rather spend the EC than burn up all my read anomalies. It took me under an hour to max out my skills, starting from zero in it. It cost me about 200-300k in EC.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-09-2010, 01:28 AM
This is great...finally an excuse to wear makeup........TEE HEE
Lt. Commander
# 57 Disappointed
12-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm glad I've hardly done any crafting, because if your already maxed out then the new systems basically offers no new content for you. The main reason I've avoided crafting is because of how lame it was. Now that its not as lame I will hopefully enjoy working my way through it. Those that are already maxed have nothing new to look forward to.
Yeah, that hadn't been lost on me.

I went through the patch notes and, while really cool on the crafting and cosmetic enhancements I was left with a distinct feeling that I just wasted a whole lot of effort in running through the old system when now I'd actually have some content to play.

So what was in Season 4 again and how long do we have to wait for some Cryptic authored content and advancement?

J.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I wrote the current Online Manual just before open beta, and sadly only had enough time to cover the bare bones basics, which I still think I did a decent job of. However, it's been bothering me too, as I always wanted to do more with it. It's on my short list of things to get all nice and updated once the "Season 3 Rush" has calmed down and I have time to start work on it again.

When I sit down to start working on it, I'll make sure to get a thread going in the Community Feedback section of the forums so you all have a chance to give me some feedback on it before I start writing.
Count with the Spanish fleet Flota Estelar (sto.clubstartrek.es) in translating it to Spanish. We are making our own right now.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Still very confused, wish we had a brand new proper crafting system , ill hold judgment till its live and go look myself.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-09-2010, 05:04 AM
(Roach waits patiently with glue, glitter, popsicle sticks, toothpicks, string, and construction paper ready. Oh and a pair of safety scissors.)