Lt. Commander
# 71
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
I pulled all my saved up engines and shields and deflectors and crafted them b4 the changes..... else they are now useless.....
Lt. Commander
# 72
12-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Do the schematics you craft get used up (dissapears from inventory) when you use them? Ive got a few schematics in my inventory after I crafted them but havent been able to use them as I dont have enough data samples. Do those dissapear when I am finally able to craft an item that requires one of my schematics?

Also.. do I need to craft a schematic every time I want to craft something ( weapons, console, anything that requires a schematic).
Lt. Commander
# 73
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipboy1981 View Post
Do the schematics you craft get used up (dissapears from inventory) when you use them? Ive got a few schematics in my inventory after I crafted them but havent been able to use them as I dont have enough data samples. Do those dissapear when I am finally able to craft an item that requires one of my schematics?

Also.. do I need to craft a schematic every time I want to craft something ( weapons, console, anything that requires a schematic).
Yep, the schematics get used up when you make an item with them. They'll disappear, along with your data samples, once you make the item(s).

Yep, you need a schematic every time you want to craft something (except the Personal Devices and the schematics themselves; everything else requires a schematic). If you want to make 3 consoles and 1 body armor, you will need 3 console and 1 body armor schematic. (There are 18 total on the Fed side; Klingons have 19, because they have a Schematic: Melee Weapons to make Bat'leths.)

(Also, love your handle and avatar! FO rocks! \m/ )
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I maxed crafting, and equipped all my toons (7) with Mk XI consoles before I ran out of anomalies. And I probably could have done weapons instead of consoles if I had had the rare particles...
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yep, the schematics get used up when you make an item with them. They'll disappear, along with your data samples, once you make the item(s).

Yep, you need a schematic every time you want to craft something (except the Personal Devices and the schematics themselves; everything else requires a schematic). If you want to make 3 consoles and 1 body armor, you will need 3 console and 1 body armor schematic. (There are 18 total on the Fed side; Klingons have 19, because they have a Schematic: Melee Weapons to make Bat'leths.)

(Also, love your handle and avatar! FO rocks! \m/ )
Thank you very much for the reply! That clears up the questions I had. Thanks for the comment on the avatar and handle.. I love the whole pipboy and vault boy thing in fallout lol.
Lt. Commander
# 76
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I maxed crafting, and equipped all my toons (7) with Mk XI consoles before I ran out of anomalies. And I probably could have done weapons instead of consoles if I had had the rare particles...
Yeah, I had enough samples for my Fed main, but I had to do some farming for the red samples in order to get my Klingon character's research points up.

As for the rare particle traces, I luckily had a good bit of them. Funny thing is, my main mailed his to my Klingon character, and she ended up getting the Trace Tracker accolade. My Fed character doesn't have it yet, because he found most of his before they fixed the accolade (and it's not retroactive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipboy1981 View Post
Thank you very much for the reply! That clears up the questions I had. Thanks for the comment on the avatar and handle.. I love the whole pipboy and vault boy thing in fallout lol.
You're welcome. I try to think of the schematics as being (somewhat) similar to Eve's blueprint copies, in the fact that once you use them, they're gone. Hopefully, in future updates, Cryptic will expand upon the whole schematics idea and make them more like Eve's R&D system (which I love; probably my favorite thing about that game, actually).
Lt. Commander
# 77
12-09-2010, 10:01 PM
My question on the crafting (might end up answering this myself later, just not at my home computer right now), is do we have all weapons types at each level now? Been a bit of an issue for me that in both exploration and crafting we are forced into changing weapon energy types on items as our levels raise. I'd like to stick to disruptors on all levels of my klinks.
Lt. Commander
# 78
12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasMordecai
My question on the crafting (might end up answering this myself later, just not at my home computer right now), is do we have all weapons types at each level now? Been a bit of an issue for me that in both exploration and crafting we are forced into changing weapon energy types on items as our levels raise. I'd like to stick to disruptors on all levels of my klinks.
Yeah, there's more weapon types available now. I'm looking at some screen shots I made of the Tribble items, and I'm seeing Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, and Antiproton weapon types as choices for Klingons. Also, Photon, Quantum, Plasma, Transphasic, Chroniton, and Tricobalt as choices for Mines and Torpedoes.

edit: Just confirmed it on the Live server. Also, I didn't mention it, but the types are choices all the way up to Mk XI.
Lt. Commander
# 79
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I am so incredibly overwhelmed by my choices now that I had to sit and ponder for a looong while Im glad my original character I grinded Memory Alpha on still existed, as he got to start out at 1500 and in shooting distance of all the other higher crafted gear.

I have to say, it sure makes equipping lowbie alts much much much easier.

My only dread is grinding up one for KDF side...that'll take awhile. Until then...I guess its phasers for all my klingons
Lt. Commander
# 80
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, there's more weapon types available now. I'm looking at some screen shots I made of the Tribble items, and I'm seeing Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, and Antiproton weapon types as choices for Klingons. Also, Photon, Quantum, Plasma, Transphasic, Chroniton, and Tricobalt as choices for Mines and Torpedoes.

edit: Just confirmed it on the Live server. Also, I didn't mention it, but the types are choices all the way up to Mk XI.
Awesome, glad they added those in. Thanks for the info Fractal!