Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Maps
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I love this game a lot.

I also love ship interiors a lot but I have one problem with it

IT IS TOO BIG

The ship hallways are huge and I have found this one other maps that are inside a ship.

I have a tier 1 ship and it's interior is bigger then battle ship in Star Trek.
Also my room in ship is also way to big along with the lounge.

Also I think that the engine room dose not feel right for a tier 1 ship

All of these problems is also for other tier ship interiors

So if sometime down the road if you could please make the ship interiors smaller and feel like they belong with the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Interiors have to do with pathing and cameral issues. X number of characters take up X number of space in a hallway. When most comflicts are 5 versus 5+ everyone needs room to move and get around each other without having to try and jump over them. Cryptic is working on trying to make them smaller, though, but they'll never be to the scale of the series.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
This has been discussed to death already on the forums. It's mainly because it's a 3rd person game, which means the camera needs space.

All the 'rooms' in starship interiors are the same; no matter which ship or interior size you select. The only difference between Small, Medium and Large interiors are the amount (length) of corridors.

It would be nice to have an interior dependent on what bridge you choose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4 height
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I am not talking about the width that is OK but it is the height of the hallway is what is way to big. My character is like about 7 feet tall about he looks tiny in the hallways of the ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Again, it's a camera issue there. Some people want the camera to look down on the game as they play. Other want it directly behind. There needs to be enough space to accomodate all types of players' needs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
again.. i do not accept the camera issues as a reason.. its more of an easy way out kind of excuse. other games have these types of cameras and they do not have these problems. one popular solution is for the camera to pass through walls, and the walls/objects fade to invisible from the cameras perspective (the back side of the wall is invisible from the camera perspective)..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Lame excuse
12-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
again.. i do not accept the camera issues as a reason.. its more of an easy way out kind of excuse. other games have these types of cameras and they do not have these problems. one popular solution is for the camera to pass through walls, and the walls/objects fade to invisible from the cameras perspective (the back side of the wall is invisible from the camera perspective)..
You right I have seen this in many games were the have the camera to pass through walls so if any one knows if this is going to be on list of things to fix please tell me because this is bugging me a lot
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg
You right I have seen this in many games were the have the camera to pass through walls so if any one knows if this is going to be on list of things to fix please tell me because this is bugging me a lot
unfortunately, they seem to he sticking to their "excuse" as a way of dismissing it. it wont change anytime soon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
unfortunately, they seem to he sticking to their "excuse" as a way of dismissing it. it wont change anytime soon
They're not dismissing it. They simply understand that doing it would require an entire ground tech schematic rewrite. That much effort to please such a small percentage of fans who don't like the ceiling height or corridor width just isn't warranted at this point in time. That doesn't mean they're not looking into it but subscribers aren't leaving the game because of interior dimensions. They're bigger fish that need frying first and those are the things Cryptic's working on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They're not dismissing it. They simply understand that doing it would require an entire ground tech schematic rewrite. That much effort to please such a small percentage of fans who don't like the ceiling height or corridor width just isn't warranted at this point in time. That doesn't mean they're not looking into it but subscribers aren't leaving the game because of interior dimensions. They're bigger fish that need frying first and those are the things Cryptic's working on.
yup thats the point.. i agree.. it would require too much of an overhaul to accomplish for now. however, its not a small percentage of people.. there are dozens of posts, with a LOT of people on the side of that complaint. but your point is valid, and exactly in line with what i am saying. its just easier to dismiss it for now than for them to tare their hair out thinking of how massive an undertaking it would be.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.