Lt. Commander
Hi i have only been playing the game for a couple of months but one of the things i think they need to do is open up a little more on building your own ship. When you only have three different varients to go off of there really isn't much of a choice on wwhat to have your ship look like. Plus i think you should be able to place the different parts of your ship where ever you want them instead of having to place them were they always go. I would also like for the interiors of the ships when you go into your bridge to be more interactive. For example if you go to the lounge you can go to the replicator and order somthing to eat or drink then have your charecter sit down and chat with a crew member, or go into the captains quarters or ready room and have him sit at his desk and access the computer to read different stuff that goes on on the ship or through out the rest of the quadrant.

What does everyone else think about this or am i on my own with my views?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 08:02 PM
You aren't on your own in this but it is falling on mostly deaf ears. Quite a few people want to have more options but Cryptic doesn't want the extra workload of having to balance all of the individual ships that would end up being created and it would honestly be a very big job to do so.

As far as interiors go, they are working on that slowly. At release, there were no interiors at all, those didn't come about until Season 2 and they claim that they are creating more options and functionality as the seasons are released.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
You aren't on your own in this but it is falling on mostly deaf ears. Quite a few people want to have more options but Cryptic doesn't want the extra workload of having to balance all of the individual ships that would end up being created and it would honestly be a very big job to do so.
It's also important to understand that, for the most part, CBS likes their Faction ships to have a particular style. You can usually tell a Fed ship by its configuration even if you don't see its markings. The same goes for Klinks, Roms, Cardassians, etc. CBS has vetoed more then 1 ship design since the game's launched; and probably dozens of designs before the game was launched. While some fans just want a different version of Eve Online and the ability to make whatever they want CBS does care that its IP keeps some consistency.