Lt. Commander
# 11
12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Wait, there's ground combat?
In a space game?.
Thats just weird.
I know that there's a part of the game where you run around on the ground & stand there shooting at things. which stand there & shoot back.If this is what you mean by ground combat, than I'm not a big fan. I think It shouldn't be called combat, maybe call it standing around & shooting at things, & maybe the population for this activity would grow.I know in real life, standing around shooting at things can be fun, until you run out of ammo. Or the cops come. Or someone starts shooting back. Anyway It's not everybody's cup of tea.
maybe if i could, i don't know, hide behind something while I'm getting shot at, i would at least have something to do while I'm getting shot. It seems kinda pointless now though, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I like space combat and ground combat equally. I think both of them fit together very well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I like ground combat too
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I enjoyed ground combat the most back in Beta when teirs weren't tied to PvP instances. Meaning I was an Admiral or something one shotting everyone else since they were lowbies. Fun times. I exploited up to that rank too so it made it all the sweeter.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-08-2010, 09:36 PM
You are not alone ddmonus. I am the same way.

Customized Landing party FTW.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting our Season 4 ground combat update onto Tribble early next year so that we can start to get everyone's feedback on the changes we are making. I was checking it out today and a few cool things I noticed was that having weapons with different ranges allowed enemies to spread out more instead of clumping up and charging you. In addition, ducking behind cover or getting out of sight helped to decrease aggro from mobs. Just a few of the small nice changes that can add up to a big huge difference.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm really looking forward to getting our Season 4 ground combat update onto Tribble early next year so that we can start to get everyone's feedback on the changes we are making. I was checking it out today and a few cool things I noticed was that having weapons with different ranges allowed enemies to spread out more instead of clumping up and charging you. In addition, ducking behind cover or getting out of sight helped to decrease aggro from mobs. Just a few of the small nice changes that can add up to a big huge difference.
I'm sure it will be an improvement, but i don't know that it will get a lot of people to switch form space to ground.
This will help.
If the ground skills & space skills were drawn from a different pool of skill points(IE, you don't "lose" space skills by speccing for ground combat, & vice verse.) I for one would be more willing to try it. As it is though, To be competitive in PVP in this game, you have to Min/Max your skills, meaning you can either be good at space or ground, or you can spread out your skills & suck at both.Thats the way i see it anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh wow, dstahl.

That would be nice. The duck behind cover I mean, not the ranged combat. Due to the lag I experience when playing at max resolution, I would likely die on Normal due to having to consistently re-arrange my landing party to compensate for enemy location. Not looking forward to that AT ALL.

Same with the new sector space, these are not changes I am really looking forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
You are not alone!!!

Ground combat has really grown on me over time. I love it!
At first I was a little unsure. But now that I've gotten used to it I find myself getting more excited about kicking other players butts down to the ground lol.

I especially like playing Ground PvP - but sometimes I have to wait for what seems like forever in the queue because no one else is playing Ground PvP that often.

I think it's fun using all your abilities and weapons on the ground. I've spec'd my character to be more powerful on the ground I'd say than in space. I love space combat too - but I think the ground maps can be a little more fun.

I would love to see more "Telepathic" abilities for players and a customization of the color or visual affect your Telepathic ability looks like. This would be super awesome.

The Shanty town map is probably my favorite. I would like to to see more PvP maps in town or city locations like this. Perhaps on a Romulan or Cardassian settlment.

-Klintobean
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I hate space combot and love ground combat.