Lt. Commander
# 41
12-09-2010, 08:40 AM
The ground combat in this game is terrible. It has the tactical depth of Pong while failing to replicate in any meaningful way the phaser fights we see in any of the Trek series or movies.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm really looking forward to getting our Season 4 ground combat update onto Tribble early next year so that we can start to get everyone's feedback on the changes we are making. I was checking it out today and a few cool things I noticed was that having weapons with different ranges allowed enemies to spread out more instead of clumping up and charging you. In addition, ducking behind cover or getting out of sight helped to decrease aggro from mobs. Just a few of the small nice changes that can add up to a big huge difference.
Less teasing, more Tribble! You're not alone. I was really hoping this would make the Season 3 cut, but I know ya'll had your hands full with the rest of the Season 3 goodness.

I can't tell if I'm more excited about new ground combat or just that we're moving closer to the Romulan faction addition.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-09-2010, 10:32 AM
This thread is a joke right? Easily one of the worst things ive ever played. If it wasnt, there wouldnt be a major overhaul coming.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
make the combat like Tabula Rasa and you would have the best SCI FI MMO on the market with all the features in this game
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah. I used to be 95% ground in the 1st 4 months. I do more space PVP now than I ever did before (thanks to Klingon side, I got waaaay better at it,) but I still prefer ground. It's really great when people don't solo too.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Great dstahl post in this thread. Wish he'd talk more about weapon ranges, but alas.

looks like i'll be playing tribble in January, which gives me NO time to play my klink
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm really looking forward to getting our Season 4 ground combat update onto Tribble early next year so that we can start to get everyone's feedback on the changes we are making. I was checking it out today and a few cool things I noticed was that having weapons with different ranges allowed enemies to spread out more instead of clumping up and charging you. In addition, ducking behind cover or getting out of sight helped to decrease aggro from mobs. Just a few of the small nice changes that can add up to a big huge difference.
While I am looking forward to some of the changes, others make me apprehensive. I like Ground Combat as it is and I'm still buggered by the change to the Male sprint animation. But no one else seems to give a crap that we now run like some stupid anime character instead of in a more realistic manner, like we did before.

And considering the new change to Sprint timing, we'll have to look at that for even longer periods of time. Argh! Ugh!