Lt. Commander
Hey guys

I wrote a mission with the Foundry when it came online last week and published it without a problem, i've checked back over the days and noticed that its not been rated at all, a fleet-mate said he tried it and the nav waypoint didnt show up and there was some graphical issue on the space map, but i've played the published version twice and not had those issues.

I was wondering if you guys would mind giving it a go?

the mission is called "Nothing Routine" and if you cant play it because of the aforementioned issues then drop me a line or reply here so i know what i need to try to fix when Foundry is back up

And, if you can play it through without problems, give it some feedback please (ok, so maybe a little shameless self promotion)

Thanks in Advance
Ez
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I entered the first map, and the whole entire map was off-grey. I believe its a result of the heat distortion effect on the map (did you use that?) and to fix it, the heat distortion effect needs to be removed from the map.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Small Issue
12-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I can see they way you search for missions as a problem. If you do not know the name or the author or mission how do you search for it? Would be nice if you set a option to show 5 or 6 random missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
I can see they way you search for missions as a problem. If you do not know the name or the author or mission how do you search for it? Would be nice if you set a option to show 5 or 6 random missions.
You click custom filter and set it to show any mission with 1 star or above and it will show you any that have been rated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Yeah, the search UI really needs some work. It should have category buttons, (like it does now) but they should automatically populate the list. For example if you click on the "New" category, it should show you the 25 newest missions. If you click "Highest Rated" it should automatically show you the top 25 rated missions. If you enter anything in the Search box, it should narrow the results of the category you have selected. (A new category "All" should be added too.)

If the search worked more like the Exchange's search we'd be set.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
Yeah, the search UI really needs some work. It should have category buttons, (like it does now) but they should automatically populate the list. For example if you click on the "New" category, it should show you the 25 newest missions. If you click "Highest Rated" it should automatically show you the top 25 rated missions. If you enter anything in the Search box, it should narrow the results of the category you have selected. (A new category "All" should be added too.)

If the search worked more like the Exchange's search we'd be set.
There is a drop down to filter missions that are "hot" or "new" but I saw one of the devs say that it hasn't been hooked up to any function yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I entered the first map, and the whole entire map was off-grey. I believe its a result of the heat distortion effect on the map (did you use that?) and to fix it, the heat distortion effect needs to be removed from the map.
Really weird that i didnt have that problem when i played the published version but once Foudry is back up i can try and fix it

Thanks for actually going into the mission to check, the others who replied seem to be just talking about the search function, which is great but not all that helpful
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I tried for you but cant even fnd it.

Edit:
Found it now lol , ill try it soon as im back home , got to run out for a bit first.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll try it out for you, too.

(thread jack - sorta) I have a similar problem with a slight twist. My mission has been played 6 times (1 5 star, 4 4 star, 1 3 star) and if I search using the custom/# of stars feature, my mission isn't listed at anything over 2 stars. I'm no math whiz, but the average of the six reviews would seem to be 4 stars. If anyone would try mine, I'd appreciate it too (Facility of Fools)
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Whoa...major map issue on space part of the mission. Shoot me an email address and I can send you a screengrab. send the email address to me thru the game mail @boglejam.

The ship interior loaded fine thou.

Looks like a fun mission once the map issue is sorted out.