Lt. Commander
I hear the EP3 is awesome but since every time I try to play it with the effects turned on the game crashes I wouldn't know.

6 plus months into this game and you still can't fix this damn crash, really???

How about a little less C-store time and a Little more BSOD time, this is beyond incompetent.

Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I had to turn it off because my game crashed EVERY time a Dividian spawned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I have a great idea cryptic why not put the fix in the C-store then maybe it will get addressed at the very least.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerBod View Post
I have a great idea cryptic why not put the fix in the C-store then maybe it will get addressed at the very least.
No offense but, being cynical will hardly get them motivated. I am not happy that I have to turn my Dynamic lighting off in order to play a mission, I'm not happy that w/ it on my game crashes almost all the time in places like "Infected" and the new mission BUT going around making sarcastic comments isn't going to help anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Why not ask ATI since lots people own an ATI do not have the trouble that you have? I have being playing since OB and i have one. My option are set to quality not speed and DL is a on and no crash even with the new episode.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
No offense but, being cynical will hardly get them motivated. I am not happy that I have to turn my Dynamic lighting off in order to play a mission, I'm not happy that w/ it on my game crashes almost all the time in places like "Infected" and the new mission BUT going around making sarcastic comments isn't going to help anyone.
To be honest money is the only thing that motivates them, and this is nothing new has been ingame since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
Why not ask ATI since lots people own an ATI do not have the trouble that you have? I have being playing since OB and i have one. My option are set to quality not speed and DL is a on and no crash even with the new episode.
I find that very hard to believe.
I get this bsod with dynamic lighting turned on and graphics maxed only in STO, (no other game I play online or otherwise,) on 3 different machines using ATI 5800 5900 and series cards, with XP, Vista, and Windows 7 64.

It is definately a STO issue and has been since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
"It only happens in this game so it must be this games fault"

Sorry, but that is just not true and rarely ever is.
The answer is "poor drivers"

If it was Cryptics fault and problem, then this problem would be present for every single person that runs it on an ATI card.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I do meen every online game that I play including lotro,swg,wow, and any of the new releases in the last year that have come out that I have bought. on 3 different systems using 3 diferent opperating systems in ONLY happens in STO,
Turn off Dynamic lighting IN STO and no crashes Ever, cant be any more clear than that.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
I hear the EP3 is awesome but since every time I try to play it with the effects turned on the game crashes I wouldn't know.

6 plus months into this game and you still can't fix this damn crash, really???

How about a little less C-store time and a Little more BSOD time, this is beyond incompetent.

S T I L L
U S I N G
A N
A T I
R E A L L Y ? ? ?

buy nvidia, nividias for gaming, ati is for sitting around for years waiting for working drivers for modern games, amd taking them over has made it even worse.