Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Once you disable a freighter it can still take some damage from a last round of weapons fire, meaning they tend to go boom to early robbing you of a chance to pick up the loot.

the button asking you to beam over supplies stick around for a few seconds as well but as the freighter is destroyed you can beam anything aboard.

I assume this is not working as intended as a i had no problems on tribble and it makes the optional objective even tougher if your last salvo takes out the freighter before you beam aboard supplies..
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Actually, I had that happen on Tribble once, too.

I consider this an additional challenge, or a glimpse of realism. Sure it's bothersome, but at the same time it feels strangely fitting. Personally, I don't mind, as long as it doesn't happen every time. And you can still lower the weapon energy settings, or deactivate (read: de-slot) one of your guns entirely.

But you know ... I totally felt reminded of Star Trek III as that happened:

-- Bird of Prey decloaks and fires, freighter explodes --
Valias: *bangs fist on chair* "I wanted data samples!!"
Gunner: "But Captain, you said ... fire!"
Valias: *draws disruptor pistol*
Gunner:

Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
It's intentional...

Try not to blow them up...

Goz
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
im a klingon, precision and finesse are not my strong suits. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I like it - I was failing the mission itself (even on Normal Difficulty) until I stopped the usual 'brute force' approch one gets so used to in STO. Here's a mission where judicious use of Jam and/or Scrable sensors nets you something.

That said, I think the optional objective is impossible to do solo - even on Normal (at least on my LC8 KDF character)- and actually I don't mind that either. YMMV.

That said, I think the Eriksson System optional objective is borked in that I think the two frieghters you release from the Forcefield SHOULD be able to count for the optional objective if you namaged to get 2 of the roaming frieghters before they all escape; but I fail that optional even IF I'm able to do that. Why is there some arbitrary time limit and if that's not what's causing the optional to fail - why can't the 2 frieighters released when the power nodes are destryed still count towards the optional objective?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I like it - I was failing the mission itself (even on Normal Difficulty) until I stopped the usual 'brute force' approch one gets so used to in STO. Here's a mission where judicious use of Jam and/or Scrable sensors nets you something.

That said, I think the optional objective is impossible to do solo - even on Normal (at least on my LC8 KDF character)- and actually I don't mind that either. YMMV.

That said, I think the Eriksson System optional objective is borked in that I think the two frieghters you release from the Forcefield SHOULD be able to count for the optional objective if you namaged to get 2 of the roaming frieghters before they all escape; but I fail that optional even IF I'm able to do that. Why is there some arbitrary time limit and if that's not what's causing the optional to fail - why can't the 2 frieighters released when the power nodes are destryed still count towards the optional objective?
Erisson is annoying ya. I have yet to finnish the optional on that one.... also annoying that the freighers will warp out even when there in a grave well and a tractor beam
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Captain Revo, this is canon!!!!!111one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNhTsnu87g&t=0m26s
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
"I said engines only!" *splat*
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Gozer, are there plans for releasing these missions for non-Tac's on steroids?

On my extremely overnerfed Sci officer, I have no way to stop 6 freighters and destroy 2 cruisers, by the time I get the 2 cruisers down, 3 of the freighters are gone.

Honestly at this point, you guys should just remove science from the game, because there is no way to balance PVE to the extreme nerfed state you left it in from all the PVP nerfs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2010, 01:46 PM
thank god im not the only having this problem did the first 2 frieghters no problem then got you have failed the objective how who what why did i fail it the other 2 were in a bubble.