Lt. Commander
# 1 Fireworks in PVP
12-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why.

Not only is it flat out obnoxious it creates more lag on top of a bad lag situation especially where KvF matches happen where there are carriers involved. Some players macro their fireworks to their space bar because they know it will lag some players to a point that it compromises their ability to fight.

LOL one person even told me that using firework emote causes players to miss him more. No...it just has the potential to lag another player to the point they can't fire or keep proper aim.

So, this really needs to be looked at by the devs. There are plenty of other places to play with fire woks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Deliberately trying to lag out the game client it poor sportsmanship and probably some kind of EULA violation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why.

Not only is it flat out obnoxious it creates more lag on top of a bad lag situation especially where KvF matches happen where there are carriers involved. Some players macro their fireworks to their space bar because they know it will lag some players to a point that it compromises their ability to fight.

LOL one person even told me that using firework emote causes players to miss him more. No...it just has the potential to lag another player to the point they can't fire or keep proper aim.

So, this really needs to be looked at by the devs. There are plenty of other places to play with fire woks.
Lighten up, Francis.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
Lighten up, Francis.
wow...that sure was constructive. NEXT!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
wow...that sure was constructive. NEXT!
I can do constructive.

1. Considering all the graphics effects of all the abilities, fireworks is much more tame then gravty well. If your life is going so great that THIS event brings you to the forums, gratz, things are going ok.
2. If your computer is having difficulty keeping up with graphics in PVP games, you can turn them down. Honest. Somewhere in the game is the option. File a ticket, someone might explain how to find the screen.
3. It seems logical to me that in the fever of combat, people who already have the fireworks on the toolbar might spam that button too, while they are desperatly looking for any button that does not have a timer on it that might save them. I have seen people hit it under focus fire many times.

I look forward to your next post : My banana is too ripe. We need to do something about this!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
I can do constructive.

1. Considering all the graphics effects of all the abilities, fireworks is much more tame then gravty well. If your life is going so great that THIS event brings you to the forums, gratz, things are going ok.
2. If your computer is having difficulty keeping up with graphics in PVP games, you can turn them down. Honest. Somewhere in the game is the option. File a ticket, someone might explain how to find the screen.
3. It seems logical to me that in the fever of combat, people who already have the fireworks on the toolbar might spam that button too, while they are desperatly looking for any button that does not have a timer on it that might save them. I have seen people hit it under focus fire many times.
Yup.

Quote:
I look forward to your next post : My banana is too ripe. We need to do something about this!
Stop with the innuendo, please. [/kidding]
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Ok first off fireworks has it's place in the game. But it does not have it's place in PVP and here is why...
Fireworks are usually popped in PvP in order to cause a graphic glitch that makes "eject warp plasma" becomes invisible briefly, so that people just fly into it. It is an exploit, pure and simple.

It was reported quite some time ago and will no doubt get fixed in Season 8
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Or maybe some people just like fireworks.
I think we should have a barrel roll emote, I would use it whenever i blew an opponent up, Just as i see people use the firework emote when they destroy something.
You know,in celebration?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2010, 05:05 AM
??? um.......ok yea I guess it should be something that is disabled in combat....why would you want to pop off bottle rockets in combat anyway? it doesnt do anything constructive............except maybe......

IT LOOKS AWESOME BRO
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Or maybe some people just like fireworks.
I think we should have a barrel roll emote, I would use it whenever i blew an opponent up, Just as i see people use the firework emote when they destroy something.
You know,in celebration?
Barrel roll emote FTW.