Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I the only person...
12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
That enjoys ground combat more than space combat? I just find it more interesting and challenging. To me space combat is just circling around pressing buttons. In ground combat there's a lot of movement, and my boffs are more immediate to the actual combat, and there's more interaction with them on the ground...seriously, am I the only one?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Nope. I also prefer ground combat. Sadly, no one does ground pvp so I never get to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
No you are not. I agree with you. As much as I do enjoy the space combat, probably because it looks so nice, I am always more relieved to get a ground combat mission. This might be because there seems to be a lot more space combat than ground combat though. I do wish the ground combat was a bit faster...like in Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't enjoy PvE ground combat so much; even the unshielded enemies often seem stupidly tough, and the melee types are a real pain to deal with.

However, ground PvP is the most fun you can have in STO IMO; when you get a team that knows to work together anyway (or at least not run off by themselves).
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Nope you are not.

I am in the same boat as you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2010, 07:21 PM
My main character is more specced out for Ground Combat then space. I love ground combat. its fun as hell.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I just hate Ground Combat
PvP Ground is FUN!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I would enjoy ground combat immensely more if they would fix the bugs with it.

There are too many things that go wrong with it that make me feel like I'm pressing buttons for nothing. There's also the fact that firing my weapons have such a long cooldown(relative to the fast action ground combat is supposed to be) that I spend most of my time listening to that annoying error sound as I'm pressing my fire buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I enjoy all kinds of combat - space and ground. With the right team, you can have as good a match on the ground as you can in space.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I love ground combat too, just as much as space. Too much space, and I am needing ground big time. All these winners, that complain about ground, just like space, and care not for ground, at all no matter what system is used.
I just hope they do not change ground combat that much, because of these people. They probably wont like it no matter what they change. I do not think I would prefer a click<point and shoot, not with cool downs, any way.
I hope the system stays the same, and they just fix some bugs, and enhance it more.
Ground pvp is awesome. and fighting the Breen and Hirogens in pve ground is a blast. You are up close and personal with them, as opposed to space.
I find the most fun in a good pve mission is on the ground. space pve, seems drawn out long to me. They complain that ground takes for ever when its the opposite. It takes forever for them because they just want to stay in space.